cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL in 11.5 sp6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forum,

Trying to get some things clairified when using SSL and HTTPs.

Background:

I have a need to access a HTTPS site in Singapore. I have the Privete, Intermediate and Root certs installed on the MII server and my client. Using IE i have no issues accessing the required WSDL on either my client or from the MII server.

Following Jamie's documentation I have installed the Private key in the pollowing locations:

Client

C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_13\javaws\cacerts

C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_15\javaws\cacerts

C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_13\lib\security\cacerts

C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_15\lib\security\cacerts

Server

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\jre\javaws\cacerts

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\jre\lib\security\cacerts

C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\javaws\cacerts

C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\lib\security\cacerts

Restarted ServletExec and built my web service TRX using the proper url and creds. I receive the following error when clicking the Next button in the Web Service Wizard:

"SOAP Service could not be loaded: Premature end of file."

Question:

What am I missing here?

Do I need to do anything special with the Intermediate and Root certs with respect to the Java keystores?

Do I need to create a Trusted keystore?

Why is this so painfull?

Regards

Roger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To prove the 'plumbing' between MII and the web service destination, have you tried the same URL in an XML loader action block? This will prove out your proxy settings as well as confirm that xml is coming back from your WSDL call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for replying!

Yes I also tryed that as well and get the following in the logger:

[ERROR]: XMLLoader: Error Loading Xml: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found.

As I indicated in the original post... All three certs (Private, Intermediate and Root) have been installed in every JKS that I can find on both the client and the Mii server. The Servelet has been restarted.

Jamie Cawley's documentation is of little help as it only addresses a single cert.

Some questions?

Do all three certs need to be installed in each and every JKS

Do I install only the private in the JKS stores and leave the Intermediate and Root on the server and client

Do I install the private and intermediate and chain them together in the JKS stores

Someone somewhere in the Mii community has to have encountered the same issues I am going through!

Regards,

Roger

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Refer this thread which has some insight into this error you are getting

[Premature End of file error|;

Also refer to this blog which tells about proxy settings in MII

[Proxy settings in MII|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417400)ID1018264050DB11087450168739940991End?blog=/pub/wlg/6066]

Regards,

Adarsh