Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_ALR_87010124 report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing an unusual error when running S_ALR_87010124 .When we run th report with fileds for data for co.code and plants.. It display No Records were selected. But the same is available when ran with wider access..Also when we check with /nsu53 or trace its gives irrelevant auth. objects missing like S_CTS_ADMI..

your help is appreciated..

SK

6 REPLIES 6

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SU53 displays last failed authorization check which is sometimes not very useful. You can run trace for authorization checks (transaction ST01) and you will get list of all authorization checks. This should help you to identify missing authorization.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I fear that in this case ST01 will also not lead to a useful result. As S_ALR_87010124 belongs to asset reporting, there are no standard authority-checks used, but the given authorizations are used to create the SQL-queries dynamically....

The documentation about that can be found in the SAP notes #141876 and #856248.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Martin/Bernard,

As rightly mentioned , ST01 does not trace anything apart from S_tcode , which is anyway sucessful...

Not sure what to be checked next

Regards

SK

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for additional info. I can see authorization checks in the program SAPDBADA which corresponds to logical database ADA. I can see all objects mentioned in note 141876 such as A_S_WERK. When I run ST01 for this report I still can see checks from program SAPDBADA. So it still looks useful to run ST01 to see what's going on. Or is there any other reason why ST01 is not very helpful for analyzing this report? Note 141876 mentioned only SU53.

To be more precise, I can see only authorization check for object A_A_VIEW. It looks like we have standard settings for asset views.

Btw here is still the hardest way of analyzing. You can set up break point on each authorization check and compare flow of program for two users (both users will have to have access to debugger).

Cheers

Added note about A_A_VIEW.

Edited by: Martin Voros on Nov 5, 2009 8:27 AM

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<WRONG THREAD>

Edited by: Martin Voros on Jul 27, 2010 1:28 PM

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos