cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend default search to include properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

I’ve created a set of Metadata properties, where one of them are called LongDescription. I’ve created my own SearchComponent, SearchOption and Search Iview.

When I activate the search Iview, and enter a search term in the Search Term field, TREX is not returning documents which have a match in my LongDescription field. If I wan’t to search that specific field, I have to select Options and enter my search term next to my LongDescription field. When I do that I get the expected results.

I’ve been digging around the documentation and found some vague reference to my problem (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/54/59c63d15431352e10000000a114084/content.htm), where it is written: “<i>By default, when users enter a term into the search field, the system searches for this term in the title, description, and content of the document. Administrators can define additional properties to be searched in order to improve the search results</i>.”

So my question is:

How do I extend the default search to include my LongDescription property field besides the title, description, and content of the document???

Thanx in advance.

Ove

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

If in case ur requirement is not done, please do write to me on this id: rituh@kpitcummins.com & ill send u a pdf which shows what exactly u need.

Warm Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

I think I solved the issue.

1. Turn on "Advanced" in the SearchOption config page.

2. Set the Property "Additional Search Properties" to the desired Properties.

Voila!

HC

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi HC,

if you do not want to leave it to the user, but directly include the <i>LongDescription</i> in a quick search, then:

- use the docu link you posted

- click on "Search options" on that page

- In the search option docu, find the following paragraph:

<b>Additional Search Properties</b>

Properties that are considered for a search in addition to the standard properties (description, title, and content). For more information, see Predefined Properties).

Users cannot change this setting.

Example: Color

The search finds all documents that match the search term and to which the Color property is assigned. However, only properties that could be indexed by TREX are evaluated.

And do not be confused by the second paragraph.

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

Thanx a lot. As I stated it in my second post in this thread, I fixed it by reading the manual thoroughly

So now everything is working as intended.

Regards,

HC