Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for the IDOC TO FILE with ACKNOWLEDGMENT

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Kindly give me the step by step procedure for the following scenario.

My scenario is an IDOC( any idoc) for R/3 is coming to XI and send to FTP as XML file with out any modifications, and ftp have to send an response (acknowledgment) to XI and that to R/3 as an IDOC.

I have seen snd but i not able to find the exact steps for the above requirement. Probably i may failed to find it.

So kindly give me the steps or any blogs links explaining the above scenario.

Thanks inadvance.

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls check the following docs.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df...

if you are looking to receive the File Acknowledgements..pls check the below link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Regards

Abhijit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I hope u will find answer in this blog

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
My scenario is an IDOC( any idoc) for R/3 is coming to XI and send to FTP as XML file with out any modifications, and ftp 
have to send an response (acknowledgment) to XI and that to R/3 as an IDOC.

You need to implement this using a BPM:

Receive1(IDOC) --> Send1(FILE) --> Receive2(ACK_From_FTP) --> Transformation(ACK_to_IDOC) --> Send2(IDOC_to_SAP)

Since FTP is (supposed to be) sending ack using the Transport Acknowledgement may not be needed....assumption as per your problem statement.

You need to have a correlation defined so that the second Receive step will work.

Regards,

Abhishek.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can check out my blog: playing with adapter acknowledgments

or check it out in my book: mastering idoc scenarios with SAP PI

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk