cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme customization in ABAP WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to customize the theme in WebDynpro ABAP.

refering this link

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/7015b1f9-535c-2910-c8b7-e681fe75aaf8&overridelayout=true]

request someone to explain me this which is mentioned in the link above. I am not clear with this complete data which is need to be given in the URL.

https://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/?sap-cssurl=/sap/public/<folderOfYourCustomTheme>.

i would like to know

server metnioned above : is it portal server and port details

and what is the here in the url..

<folderOfYourCustomTheme>---here we need to give the folder name of our application in WebDynpro ABAP

Regards,

Syed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I tried this approach and also the approach mentioned in below link

[;

still unable to get the solution.

I tried the method to run a report WD_THEME n upload the theme. getting version mismatch error.

Request some one to clearly explain the step by step process to use the custom themes in ABAP WebDynpro.

Regards,

Syed Umar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umar,

Did you find the solution to your problem? If yes, could you please share as I am also getting the same error....

Thanks,

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have downloaded the sap_chrome theme and trying to edit the same... Can any one tell me which .css file i need to edit for changing back ground color of the Explorer screen when ABAP WebDynpro Application runs.

I tried editing few .css files but didnt get the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the response.

I tried the same approach as explained in the PDF but still unable to get the theme as described in portal in WebDynpro Application

I used both WDTHEMEROOT url parameter n specified the folder name of the theme.

I also tried the Parameters mentioned in the PDF , still no changes in the screen.

Regards,

Syed

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> tried the same approach as explained in the PDF but still unable to get the theme as described in portal in WebDynpro Application

The approach in this PDF clearly states that it is for when you are NOT in the NetWeaver Portal. This is not the process for editing the theme within the portal. Within the portal you should use the theme editor that is embedded within the portal. You theme the entire portal and then the WDA applications running within the portal will take on that theme.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>server metnioned above : is it portal server and port details

No this isn't the portal server. If you are running in the portal then you don't need this approach at all. The iView will automatically take on the customized portal theme as long as you have maintained the portal support package level along with the backend ABAP AS SP level.

>and what is the <application> here in the url..

Your web dynpro ABAP application.

><folderOfYourCustomTheme>---here we need to give the folder name of our application in WebDynpro ABAP

No. The MIME folder where you stored your customized theme.