cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAIL sender to R/3 scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we have a requirement to send EDI file to R/3 system using MAIL adapter.

Here we receive EDI file as an attachment to the mail server and the same need to be converted by Seeburger mapping so that it can be transformed to XML format.

Is it possible to use the seeburger mapping (See_E2X_ORDERS_UN_D96A) in mail adapter to convert the EDI file to XML?

Please let me know your inputs.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Harry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

I dont think its possible to convert mail attachment edi message to R/3,i dint understand why are you using Mail adapter attachment for EDI message,if you are getting these message from partner direclty better to store in mail server or any other eaternal location,from there we can pick up the message we can conevert .this is easy way to achieve .

But using mail adpater i feel its not possible.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

R/3 cannot accept messgs using MAIL adapter. You can use only IDOC/RFC/Proxy/SOAP to communicate with SAP System.

Lets say, you e-mail the attachement to R/3. What do u what to do with it.?? If you wanna store the attachement in ECC, use Proxy (with attachments).

-Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One wway would be to store the file to a local directory and then use the standard Seeburger adapter if u have one to process the data.

Cleaner way of doing...only u will have two interface instead of one