cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access deep structures from tableView model binding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with accessing a deep structure component from a tableView control.

The structure is defined like this:

structure project_data
    main_data type structure
    data_table1 type table
    data_table2 type table
end structure

The deep structure project_data is an attribute of my model class.

When I have a table attribute, it can directly be accessed by using table="//model/table_data" in the tableView.

What do I have to write in my table attribute to access the deep structure directly via model binding.

table="//model/project_data.table_data" doesn't work, it throws a bsp exception.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There are set limitations to the delivered model binding logic. It can't degotiate that deep of a structure. This is the path logic:

• path syntax:

• name [ "[" row "]" ] [ "." column ]

Check out the methods under the Interface (IF_BSP_MODEL_BINDING) in the class CL_BSP_MODEL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So there is no direct way of doing this?

But why does it work for textEdits like this: value="//model/project_data.main_data-description"

What would I have to do in the interface methods to get it work, or is it simpler to just add the elements of the deep structure directly to my model class?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the same problem to bind a table which is within a structure. Is there any workaround to get it work?

thx

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi stefan ,

I have also faced this problem model binding is not possible in the deep structure the solution to this problem is that we have to use scriplet.ie

value = "<%= model->project_data-main_data-description %>".

regards

Aashish Garg