cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach documents to the purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone explaine me of how to "Attach a Document to a Purchase Order" While creating PO using WD ABAP Application in Portal. Also, the document should be emailed along with the PO when, the PO is emailed to the Vendor.

I hope you can understand my requirement. Please, let me know if you need more explanation with my requirement. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to attach it as PDF or normal document.. Generally we use the ADOBE forms for these requriements

where a workflow gets triggered that uses this PDF and sent as attachement.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks a lot for your reply. We cant really control the type of Document. It can be anything (PDF or Word Document). So, when creating a Purchase Order, the user should be able to attach any document that they want along with the PO. We dont use Adobe Forms in our organisation.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, you can use the Workflow concept where you can use the relevant FM to attach the document and

mail to the reciepient...

You can either check the WDA or Workflow forum .

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks for your reply. Before looking into Workflow bit, could you please explain me of how, I can facilitate the Upload Functionality and store the uploaded documents. Because, i have never worked on File Upload and Download Fucntionality.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of download or upload what is your requirement......

have you gone through wdr_test_events, wdr_test_ui_elements for the same...

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Nov 4, 2009 5:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

So, when the user want to attach a document to the Purchase Order we need a functionality to allow upload a document and send that document to the vendor along with the Email of the Purchase Order details. This is my requirement for File Upload Functinality.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you get the data in the internal table (PO details) or any structure..Youmight have to use the standard text function modules

that will have all this text and body if mail in it....which is thenused as an input to the WF related FM (like SO_*).

I guess fileupload is not required in this case.....

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Refer this thread with similar req :

Refer this thread : (Anwer by Thomas )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having a requiremnt where i have to attach the PDF document to PO created in SAP. Saurav, i hope the blogs u mentioned was how to attach documents incase of email.

regards

rajeev

Answers (0)