cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Development Components to a new Software Component under new DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to this topic so if I am not clear or the information is not complete then please ask for it particularly.

I need to copy Development Components from a particular Software Component to a new Software Component in a new Development Configuration.

I will just explain you by example.

I have Dev. Config. named A-DC.

It contains Soft. Comp. named A-SC.

And A-SC contains 5 Dev. Comp. called 1-C, 2-C, 3-C, 4-C, 5-C.

Due to some reasons, I want to copy the Production Working copy of these 5 Dev Comp. to a newly created SC.

I will create a new Dev. Config. names B-DC.

A new Soft. Comp. named B-SC.

And all dev. comp. should be copied here.

Could you please help me with this as to how far this is possible and the steps to achieve this?

Any links, blogs, info is welcome.

Br,

Nilz

Edited by: nilz on Nov 4, 2009 6:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i827647
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, you can copy the files in src folder from the older DC and past it in the src folder of new DC.

See this link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/JDI/StepbyStepguidetoMoveaDCfromoneSCtoanother

Regards,

Edson Thomaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomaz,

Thank you for the reply. Our aim is to stop using the old DC once it is copied to the new DConfig. The reason for this activity is: There are many activities in DTR which are checked in but not activated, activated but not released, released but not imported into Consolidation and waiting for import into production.

Due to this, we are unable to use the old track and hence want to use altogether a new track and copy all DCs in the new track. If we will perform the steps mentioned in the link, will it copy the Production Copy of Dev Comp. or something else.

Could you please elaboratre on this?

Br,

Nilz