cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make plant in shipping cond tab for line item in sales doc mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to make plant as mandatory for a sales document say quotation mandatory ? I went to SPRO-> Basic Fucntion - > log of incomplete terms -> Define incomplete Groups -> B.selected sales -Item -> Created new procedure Z001 with fielda VBAP - WERKS ,selected screen name PDE2 and checked warning check box.

When i goto Assign incompleteness procedures I donot have option to assign it sales document item level procedure i will only get sales doc header procedure to assign it to document type quotation.

How to make plant as mandatory for each line item in quotation?

Thanks,

Vaishnavi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Good to see that you have tried your best before posting a new thread on SDN.

For item level Incompletion procedures you have to assign it to your Item category.

Thus for your Quotation line item incompletion procedure assign the same to your Item Category in Quotation.

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Log of Incomplete Items - Assign Incompleteness Procedures - Assign procedures to the item categories.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh

Item category is material item categories not line item level, i cannot maintain there.

Thanks,

Vaishnavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mistook those ITEM CATEGORIES, they are the SALES DOCUMENT ITEM CATEGORIES.

Please assign the Incompleteness Procedure to the SALES DOCUMENT ITEM CATEGORIES in the transaction code VUP2 and check these reflections in the transaction code VOV7.

Hope you will get it. Please check and revert back if you have any further details.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes its works , in our configuration there are many item categories which comes from material master item categories i had to include the incompletion procedure for all items.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed you will need ABAP intervention if you want the system to check for the completeness of a field in VBAP and issue error message....try this user exit

**Form USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP**

This Userexit can be used to add addtional logic for checking the position for completeness and consistency. This form is called from form VBAP_PRUEFEN_ENDE.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in VBAP - WERKS field is available & already assigned in std.

you can make use of this field in Incompletion procedure at Item level.

else,

Small coding is required in Userexit to make the Plant is required field at each item level.

Your ABAPer help may needed.

But through Customization, you can control this. Use approriate status group. so that the Sales order should not get complete.

btw: Can you tell us, Why you want to make the Plant mandatory at each item level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Plant needs to be mandatory @ item level by business finance users in our project, we are IT services industry if sales team maintain plant @ item level they wiil create WBS for project for that business area . I have already tried what you have mentioned to select VBAP table and WERKS but i donnot get that incompletion log @ each line item level. May be i have to ask ABAP'er only for this. Can you please tell the program name or user exit name for quotation?

Thanks,

Vaishnavi

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Include: MV45AFZB

Form USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP

In our business scenario, we have used the same ,But Plant is mandatory only for 1st line item-

source code:

IF vbak-vkorg = '1000' OR vbak-vkorg = '2000'.

IF sy-tcode = 'VA31' OR

sy-tcode = 'VA11' OR

sy-tcode = 'VA21' OR

sy-tcode = 'VA41' OR

sy-tcode = 'VA01' .

IF vbap-werks IS INITIAL AND

vbap-posnr EQ '000010'.

MESSAGE e398(00) WITH 'Please enter the plant for first line'.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

Help:

Through this form exit we are making the "plant' field (for the ist &*

& line item ) mandatory for the sales document . This interns helps us &

& to create the sales document numner according to the plant (Region) &

*& of the Plant

Hope it clears. take assistance of your ABAPer.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tested by maintaining the field VBAP_WERKS in incompletion procedure "20" as Warning message marked / Screen PED2-

Created Quotation with 3 materials w/o plant entered in it & checked the incompletion log " Edit - Incompletion log"-

system issuing messages each line item wise ( eg: Item - Short description - Missing data)

I dont think, any ABAP intervention is required in this. ( for us,we used this in Inquiry, where as Inquire Item category doesnt have incompletion procedure assigned to it & if its assigned , document will be incomplete only. where as we need the system prompts error message)