SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Billing Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am confused with Mass billing and Batch Billing process.Is there any difference between these two processes?

Can anyone explain me about the batch billing process step by step?

-Ganesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dhiraj_kathet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Batch Billing and Mass billing are basically the same process, however the Batch billing provides you flexibility of Job Scheduling at later period.

EAMABI provides you the liberty of choosing the installations you want to bill whereas EA38 bills all records having fallimg in same portion.

In both the mass runs only "Billable" orders are picked for processing.

-Dhiraj

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ganesh:

Batch and mass billing are different terms for the same thing. They refer to the ability to process a lot of data thru billing, usually overnight, using either EAMABI or EA38. The process also involves invoicing and printing.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh & William,

Even i have problem in doing the batch billing.. I have done Mass billing using EAMABI,whereas i never used the tcode EA38.

@William, How the process actually works in case of Batch billing process.

Edited by: SivaKumar on Nov 4, 2009 9:26 PM

dhiraj_kathet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Batch Billing and Mass billing are basically the same process, however the Batch billing provides you flexibility of Job Scheduling at later period.

EAMABI provides you the liberty of choosing the installations you want to bill whereas EA38 bills all records having fallimg in same portion.

In both the mass runs only "Billable" orders are picked for processing.

-Dhiraj

0 Kudos

Thanks.

Can you explain the process using EA38?

Also i would like to know the dunning process.

Appreciate your help.

Moderator message: Please do not clutter up these forums with posts which request information which is readily available using the research options outlined in the sticky post at the top of this forum.

Edited by: William Eastman on Nov 8, 2009 3:09 AM