cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bapi_re_cn_get_detail returns record where there is none

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sap,

befor i posted this tread i have seen in sdn but i got only 3 threads but not satisfactory... as result am posinting it.

problem is....

When generating the topay records to be sent to the BU , the calculation require the maximum deduction value for each employee. The max deduction is calculated by taking the condition for today ,where start date (is less than and equal) to today and end date (is greater and equal to today). The value store in the max deduction table is incorrect and not be allowed to correct.

The bapi_re_cn_get_detail is the reason for the error. It is returning the more than what it should , result in the max deduction being overstated

ex : FROM - 01.08.2005 TO - 31.07.2006 should give no records but the bapi returns ONE record.

in bapi we give parameters as : from = sy-datum

to = sy-datum

but BAPI returns one record.

what could be the problem , its the problem with the standard BAPI. What could be the soultion to it.

your help is really appriciated.

thanks in advance,

pasala.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please observe that selection by date works as described in the online documentation for the parameter "DETAIL_DATA_FROM".

Date: Detailed Data Valid From

Description

The time period for selection of the detailed data of the object is entered in these two parameters:

DETAIL_DATA_FROM

DETAIL_DATA_TO

Data is returned only if it is time-dependent (such as, measurements or conditions) and if it overlaps with this time period.

Value range

If the time period is not within the object validity period, then at least the start or end of the object is taken into consideration.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much for your valuble response.

Another example , show that the are three condition that today full within the condition start and end date.

from date : 01.04.2009

to : 31.03.2009.

the bapi should return only 3 records as it meets the condition but

The bapi return more that the requested records. As can be seen there are records where todays date fall outside the condition start and end date.

according to the above contract it should return only 3 but it returns 6 and according to your answer it should return only 3 as it falls with the condition and there are records within the condition.

really looking forward to ur anwer.

thanks,

pasala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all can i have some information please.... regarding this BAPI'S problem?

regards,

pasala.

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please check the records that you get as result especially the validity dates. There should be different content in some fields that are the reason that "duplicate" records are in the result list.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Franz,

yes i have given a contract 1005941 to which i have 3 records,

but each record is duplicated. as result each is repeated twice ex :

contract : condition_type valid from valid to

1005945 EO 20070701 20090331

1005945 EO 20090401 20100331

1005945 RO 20070601 20090331

1005945 RO 20090401 20100331

1005945 WO 20070601 20090331

1005945 WO 20090401 20100331

this is the data which i get when i debug it. i suppose to get only 3 instead of 6.

really looking forward to your valuble help.

regards,

pasala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Franz,

one more example :

i have a contract : 0000001011287 where it should bring nohting but it brings up one record

and when i debug and see the sy-datum is todays date - 20091105.

if the sy-datum is todays date why then the bapi brings one record.

can you please let me know as a result we get this incorrect record and its only because of the bapi that which brings that record.

thanks,

pasala.

Answers (0)