cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New document type to be copied from old document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

i have created one document in document type draw no i want to delete that document from draw and i have to copy its all document to my new docmuent type Z09 please guide how can i do it.

regards

kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

normally you cannot just change the document type for a document info record. So you have to create a new document info record of type Z09 and maintain the same data for it in transaction CV01N. Since this new document info record is created you can delete the older wrong document info record which is no longer used.

Another possibility could be to use a DMS BAPI sequence. Here you can read out the whole data with BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2 from the initial document info record. Then you can hand over this data to BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 and change just the document type to Z09. At the end execute BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to create the new document info record in your database tables. Afterwards you should be able to see the new document in transaction CV03N as well with the same data.

I hope this could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Thanx a lot it solved the problem but can you guide how to delete the version and document

regards

kunal

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

I'm glad to hear that the provided information was useful and thanks for the assigned points. If you want to delete a document info record then you can set the 'Deletion indicator' for it. This can be done in transaction CV02N. On the top of the first tab you will find this indicator and by double-clicking you can set it.

After the indicator is set, you can use report MCDOKDEL to delete all document info record with a set deletion indicator in transaction SE38.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

As per your instruction i went to cv02n but the indicator is in grey field and when i double click on it gave message document has sap object assigned,when i rest the cursor to read it gives msd does not exit.

Please guide

regards

kunal

Answers (0)