cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need 2 create the supplementary exc invoice at depots for differential ED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I've already posted the same issue in SD-Billing forum also. But there are not many views in that forum. So, I'm posting it again in this forum.

My scenario is our parent Factory will raise a supplementary invoice to Depots for differential rates and create the excise invoice for the same using J1IS. Then, the depot has to capture the same differential duty and the same has to be passed on to the customer during the sales as well as a supplementary excise invoice should be raised for the sales which are already been made from depot in the past through the same mother invoice reference.

My questions in this regard are:

1. What could be the Excise Transaction Type at Factory to create supplementary inv using J1IS (I suppose it is OTHR)

2. How to capture the the same differential excise at depots which needs to be reflected in RG23D entry? (As per my knowledge it is through J1IGA)

3. If it has to be captured through J1IGA, the problem is system is not allowing to enter the differential duty for which stock has been completed at depot. My requirement is even the stock is finished at depots, we need to capture the differential duty as we would like to raise the supplementary excise inv to the customers who have bought the material.

4.How to Raise the supplementary excise invoice at depots so that the RG23D entry will be adjusted with the same.

Please suggest me the right solution for the mentioned requirement asap.

Thanks in advance,

BVS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

J!IS Transaction is all are Manual Inputs Even if you want to create Excise for Supplementory should be maintain all the values Manually then only you will find in Excise report.

Hari Mandav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hameed and Hari,

Thanks for the replies.

But our company's excise department says that they can pass on differential duty which has paid to excise department can be passed on to the customer and they can recover it. So They want to raise the supplementary invoice to the depot and from the depot, they can raise a supplementary invoice to the customer with reference to the depot commercial invoice which is raised in the past.

So, the point is differential duty which is raised against the Factory supplementary invoice has to be reflected in RG23D register and the same has to be passed on to the customer with reference to the depot supplementary invoice so that the customer account will generate liability and the differential duty in RG23D will be passed on to the customer.

I request all the experts to suggest a solution in SAP.

I've been testing in DEV client using T.Code J1IGA, but the problem i'm facing is once, the stock gets completed at depot, system is not allowing to enter the differential duty against the folio number as the status of the folio number gets 'C'(Completed). So is there any other way than J1IGA to enter the differential excise duty in RG23D register??

Regards,

Kotesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kotesh,

The process what you are following at Depot is wrong. Imagine, how can you raise excise invoice from depot when stock is not there in RG23D? Or how can you capture supp exc invoice in depot for materials which have alreay been sold.

The process to raise supp excise inv from factory is via J1IS and your understanding is right.

Regarding passing on the subsequent excise duty to customer is not possible. And why would you do this.

As per the excise law, the differential duty is to be paid, when you sell the goods from depot at a higher rate than they were transferred. The government charges this duty because, you transferred at lower cost and paid lower duty but sold the goods to customer at higher rate.

Considering this case, imagine if you sold the goods from depot at a lower rate than the transfer (means Transferred goods from factory at Higher rate say 20 $ at this you pay excise duty of 0.16 $) If you sell them at 10 $ you still transfer the excise duty of 0.16$ isn't it. In this case wll you collect back the excise duty from the customer???

The right process is raise a supp exc invoice for differential duty and leave it at this stage. At depot it is not possible to capture and pass duty where the material is sold, and it is not required by law as well.

Thanks & regards

Hameed Parvez