cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How getList and Getdetails work..few doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have few doubts in my mind regarding the functionality of GetList and GetDetails .

I have a ZTABLE which has 300 records in it, and its child table which has 100 Records in it.

Now i created a Data Object in DOE which is download only , i specified GetList and Getdetails BAPI for these Table in DOE and triggered initial load.

In Doe there are Two structures created one for ParentTable and another for Child Table , here i can see that in Parent CDS table i have less than 300 records(In it corresponding Ztable there were 300 recorsd) why it is so.

I am fetching all the records in my GetList BAPI , then why all the 300 records have not reflected in my DOE CDS table.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There can be multiple reasons. Those keys which have problems are ignored and others will be downloaded.

The possible problems are

1) Backend would have returned error BAPIRET for a getDetail call

2) Duplicate child entries(Child with same backend key)

Check in message monitoring for any failed message or check in logs and traces for the errors.

Regars,

Dhana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Have you checked that the GetList returns all 300 rows?

2. How many entries are there in the CDS? Look for a pattern in the missing rows. For example, if the rows that are not there in CDS are the ones which have children, then maybe the way in which you are sending child rows in GetDetail is causing the entire instance (parent + children) to get ignored.

3. Look in Monitoring as well. Look for messages in Error and see what the error is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiAbhishek,

Check the execution of GETLIST weatjer it is returning all the 300 keys and then for those keys check if GETDETAILS is returning all the 300 instances with the child instances.

Also, check if any flow queue is in sysfail.

~Rohit