cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reserve stock for sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Guru,

in my case i am using MTS scenario. Now i want to reserve stock for the Specific Sales order. I have done the reservation by 231 mvmt type now material is showing under reservation. but while doing delivery for the same SO system not picking the stock from the reservation only picking from unrestricted stock now tell me how to do the delivery from the reservation stock?

With regards,

dev123.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u having SD, If so please do check the movement type u have used for reservation.

I think it should be 261, instead 231.

231 Goods issue for a customer order (without SD)

You use this movement type if you want to process the delivery without SD.

The goods can only be withdrawn from unrestricted-use stock.

261 Goods issue for an order

This refers to all withdrawals for orders (for example, production order, maintenance order, except customer orders.

Possible special stock indicators: E, K, P, Q, W

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply.

As you told mvmt 261 is for the material consumption for the production order. in our case finish material stock is created now my cliant wants to reserve the finish material for specific sales order how can i do that?

regards,

dev123

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple is that you just create a delivery against that sale order and save without doing PGI. This will reserve the stock from the available unrestricted. Unless this saved delivery is deleted, the stock cannot be diverted to any other sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

But how can we create delivery related to any reservation that is created for Sales Order.

Even I tested this scenario, system delivers the qty from Unrestricted stock instead of Reserved stock

Please guide on this

regards,

Sagar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is how to reserve the stock to a sale order. Am I right ??

Assuming that stock is available when you create a sale order and of course, this will confirm in schedule line tab. You can divert this stock to subsequent sale order also assuming that in OVZ9, the settings are accordingly made.

Here what I wanted to convey is that no sooner the stock is confirmed to a sale order, if you create a delivery and save as I said above, you cannot divert to other sale order. You can test this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

As per your suggestion, I tested and found it working properly. But now if i want to divert the stock to other sales order even after i have created and saved delivery,

in OVZ9,

will I need to only deactivate Include Deliveries check box in inward / outward movements ????? or something more I will have to do?

And,

What is the use of reservation then that we create in MB21 against 231 movement type which is GI for Sales Order. Cant I use that ??

Kindly advice on this

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,

my problem solved.

regards.

dev123