cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Repository Manager entry missing in Content Management configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed BP for DMS Connector for KM in EP 6.0 SP 16. I've tried to follow the "Technical Description and Configuration Information" but I get stuck on an early stage; the entry DMS Repository Manager is missing in the configuration area "Repository Managers"... At least, I can't find it...

My user is both super admin and Content Manager if this means anything.

Does anyone know if there is anything I need to do before starting this configuration?

Thankful for your help!

/Christine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you read: BP_for_DMS_Conn_EN.pdf ?

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thank you, I have, I tried to follow the "Technical Description and Configuration" in just that document when I realized I had a problem...

Does anyone have any other ideas?

/Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

You know we installed this DMS BP and had the same problem with you. I mean, after installation, DMS Repository Manager not appear in Repository Manager section.

B.P. was installed successfull way without errors.

To solve this issue, we made manual deploy par file. After that, DMS Repository appear as a new kind of repository manager.

I repeat you that the installation was successfull, but the problem was solved when we made again deploy.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patricio,

who do you manage a manual deploy ? Du you create a transport package and import again ?

I have the same problem like chrsitine.

Thank you for an answer.

Regards Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

the easy description is:

1) download the file BPDMSCONN00_0-20000787.SCA from SAPNet

2) deploy the file via SDM

3) make necessary settings of the repository manager

4) assign com.sap.pct.plm.dmsrmconnectorforkm.documentmanager_showcase role to relevant portal users

If this way doesn't work, extract *.par file from SCA and deploy it manually via Visual Administrator (in deploy service).

Regards.

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After install BP, have you restarted ?

You can find it in: System Administration->System Configuration->KM->CM->Repository Manager.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I did not...

Will try that, thank you!

/Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid restarting did not solve my problem...

Any more clues?

/Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Symptom

This note answers frequently asked questions concerning the "DMS Connector KM".

Other terms

[1] Why does the system not accept the changes in the configuration immediately, although the system displays the message 'Changes take effect immediately' when you save the KM configuration?

[2] I cannot find the "DefaultLanguage" configuration parameter.

[3] The system displays fewer documents in the DMS Repository than in the selection in R/3 (Transaction CV04N). However, the system displays all selection variants.

[4] The system displays few or no originals at all for some documents.

[5] The system does not display any selection variants under the root "DMS".

[6] Does the system also take into account multiple classification?

[7] What do I have to bear in mind for indexing documents? The documentation mentions Note 686776, but this is not released for customers.

[8] Where can I download the "DMS Connector for KM 60.1.1"?

[9] Where can I find documentation about the "DMS Connector for KM 60.1.1" (including information about installation and configuration)?

Reason and Prerequisites

Prerequisite: You are using Enterprise Portal EP 6.0 Support Package 4 or higher.

Solution

[1] Why does the system not accept the changes in the configuration immediately, although the system displays the message 'Changes take effect immediately' when you save the KM configuration?

Answer: This message is misleading. In fact, all changes to the configuration only take effect after you restart the Servlet engine.

[2] I cannot find the "DefaultLanguage" configuration parameter.

Answer: The "DefaultLanguage" parameter no longer exists. The system always uses the logon language of the user.

[3] The system displays fewer documents in the DMS Repository than in the selection in R/3 (Transaction CV04N). However, the system displays all selection variants.

Answer: Check that at least one original application file is assigned to the document info record.

[4] The system displays few or no originals at all for some documents.

Answer: The system generally only displays originals that have already been saved (checked in) at least once.

[5] The system does not display any selection variants under the root "DMS".

Answer A: Check whether you are able to use SSO (single sign on) to log on to your R/3 system (the logon method is defined as LOGONTICKET in the system settings). If necessary, try to create a connection with user mapping. Regardless of the logon method, the configuration indicator must be set to "SingleSignOn".

Answer B: Check that the variants are not created as user-specific. Also check that the variants have the corresponding prefix (for example "KM").

[6] Does the system also take into account multiple classification?

Answer: The system only takes into account the properties of one class - the standard class. Maintain this class in Transaction DC10.

[7] What do I have to bear in mind for indexing documents? The documentation mentions Note 686776, but this is not released for customers.

Answer: Carry out the following configuration steps:

In the Enterprise Portal define an R/3 reference system (see EnterprisePortal 6.0 Security Guide -> Single Sign-On -> Single Sign-On to SAP Systems -> Defining an SAP Reference System for User Data). The system is the ABAP system to which you want to establish the connection.

Create a user in the ABAP Engine with the relevant authorizations for the execution of the INDEX_SERVICE user task. The name 'INDEX_SERVIC' that is mentioned in the documentation is not absolutely necessary.

Log on to the Enterprise Portal as an administrator. Start the administrator user assignment (User administration -> user assignment) and assign the INDEX_SERVICE portal user to the user created in the step above. The system asks you to enter the R/3 password.

Restart the Portal.

[8] Where can I download the "DMS Connector for KM 60.1.1"?

Answer: You can download the "DMS Connector for KM 60.1.1" on the SAP Service Marketplace:

http://service.sap.com/installations

-> Entry by Application Group

-> Supplementary Components for Cross Industry Solutions

-> Life-Cycle Data Management

-> DMS CONNECTOR FOR KM

-> DMS CONNECTOR FOR KM 60.1

-> Installation

[9] Where can I find documentation about the "DMS Connector for KM 60.1.1" (including information about installation and configuration)?

Answer: You can find documentation about the "DMS Connector for KM 60.1.1"

in the SAP Help Portal, under "mySAP Enterprise Resource Planning".

as an attachment to this note (PDF file in German and English).