cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in creating New masthead iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a new Masthead iView from the par "<b>com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead</b>". I have opened the PAR in Developer studio with different name say "NewMasthead". I didnt change anything in the PAR and deployed the "NewMasthead" PAR.

Then i have created a new iView from the deployed PAR .I have selected the "default" component present it.

The problem is when i preview the iView it shows the Portal runtime error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : N/A

Component Name : N/A

com.sapportals.portal.navigation.HeaderiView.

Exception id: 05:32_24/05/06_0179_38431050

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

Can anyone help me to solve this run time problem. Thanks in advance.

Rgd,

Saravanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Saravanan_SD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

When you import the par, jar files wont get included in the project. <b>com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead_core.jar</b> is missing in your project. Include the jar in the project build path and also put the jar in <b>lib</b> folder of your new project.

Jus now i ve tried and it is working fine.

Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for your kind help. It has solved my problem.But i have another problem. I am not able to give points to you. I am getting an error "This thread is prevented to give points ".

What shall i do ?

Rgd,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for your kind help. It has solved my problem.But i have another problem. I am not able to give points to you. I am getting an error "This thread is locked to give points ".

What shall i do ?

Rgd,

Saravanan

Saravanan_SD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Its pleasure to hear that you ve solved the issue. Regarding the points, you can raise the issue through a mail to sdn@sap.com.

Regards,

Saravanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have downloaded com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead. i renamed project as MyMasthead.par after importing it in NWDS and the deployed the .par file. Now I want to create a masthead iview for this newly deployed .par file.

What type of iview should I select and how will I select MyMasthead.par for this Iview. I mean should I go for a iview template or webdynpro iview or portal component iview and then where will I select the Mymasthead.par .

Please give me the detailed steps for creating the iview for masthead from newly deployed par file..

Former Member
0 Kudos

select the portal component iview template to create an iview from your par file and follow the onscreen instructions

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvanan,

Can you check the logs for this Exception id: 05:32_24/05/06_0179_38431050 and let me know

Regards,

Piyush

ps: please award points for useful answers.