Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Developer Studio 7.1 CE - How to configure J2EE Engine

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

First Time I am working with CE 7.1 version, can anyone say me how to configure j2ee engine & sdm. Thanks.

I am not able to see the SAP AS Java option under preference.

Best Regards

Chander Kararia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After installation did you update it?

Select help ->update -->select the default location given in it.

BR

Satish Kumar

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Satish

I did not update it. While updating it is asking for nwds.sap.com user id & password. What to do?

Best Regards

Chander Kararia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i have the same problem. Under preferences im unable to find SAP AS JAVA. Also i have done update. But its always the same. Are there any ideas??

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically after initial download of the SAP Netweaver Developer Studio 7.1 you do not get the options under

Windows -> Preferences for SAP AS Java , web xml etc.

As said above, you have to run the update of the software to get them. This is prompted for immediately after install finishes. this should be run.

It is run manually after install via Help -> Software Updates -> Find and Install.

When trying to do a find it will prompt for NWDS userid and password. This is simply your SAP OSS userid eg S* or SAP Community Network email address (eg signon to SAP Developer Network SDN etc). I am assuming the default location for updates under Windows -> Preferences -> Install/Update has not been altered.

After the update(s) have successfully occured , extra options will appear.

Regards

Brian

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Select Window --> Preference -->Inside sap select server --> put host and Instance number --select add if correct then it will display details in list.Instance number = 50000(Instance100) so if instance number is 1 then .It doesn't require any messege server port like in 7.0

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

I am using the below version, and unable to find "SAP AS JAVA" under Window-> preferences.

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment SP08 PAT0000

Build id: 200905181619

The options I am getting under Windows -> Preferences are

General

Help

Install/Update

Run/Debug

Team

They have sub-divisions also. Please suggest what to do, Thanks.

Best Regards

Chander Kararia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using NWDS CE 7.1 SP05. We can find the SAP AS JAVA option from Window->Preferences->SAP AS JAVA and mention the J2EE Engine Server Name or IP Adress and the Instance number. IF you are using 50000 port for the portal then the Instance number is 00. If you are using 50200 port then the instance is 02 and so ON.

Regards,

Ardhendu