Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when closing nested windows

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have nested windows popping up on my requirement.

For ex: On click of "create" button on Home page, UserDetails window is poping up. I have another window in "UserDetails" window named as "UserSearch" to search for an User. I have code to destroy the "UserSearch" window on click of "Cancel" on UserSearch window. when I click cancel, User Search window is closing sucessfully but "UserDetails" window is not closing on click of cancel in the same session.

More details: -

Home Page - >Click button " Create" - > UserDeatils Window (having Search and cancel button).-On click button Search'> UserSearchWindow popup(Having Choose and Cancel button)> click of Cancel - > userSearch window disappears > Now Click of cancel on User details-> does not close the first window (UserDeatils) though I am doing destroy instance.

Please help anyway I can destroy the first window after closing the second window on top of it.

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have two window instances opened at the same time. So in your case when you create a second window instance and store it in the context attribute the first window instance stored in same attribute gets destroyed. So while creating a window store the window instances in different Context Attributes. So when you close a User Details window only destroy the particular window instance by passing it to the destroy method of the window. Similarly do the same for create Window.

Regards,

Ardhendu