Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Restrict modification of certain fields in transaction FK02

Hi,

I have been asked to allow the modification of just few fields in the Change vendor: Control screen (FK02). (Modify allowed for: Group key, Last ext.review, etc ... and leave the rest fields in display mode for all the transaction).

I couldn’t find an authorization object with such detail.

And if I deny the authorization to transaction FK02, then if I create a batch input program for those fields, the user is not going to be able to update the fields because an authorization check occurs in a call transaction. And set up a background job with a different user profile is not an option because the modification won't be in real time.

Can some body please let me know if there is a way to do what I have been asked to do, or suggest me a walk around?

Thank you,

Albert

Tags:
replied

Hi Albert,

You can use the Transaction Variants to accomplish your requirement. Use Tcode SHD0 to create a Transaction varaint for FK02 and make the fields in question display only. PL follow the steps as noted below..

1. Execute Tcode SHD0

2. Enter FK02 in the Transaction Code field

3. Enter Z_FK02 in the Transaction Variant field

4. Click create

5. Hit Enter

6. Change the attributes of the field you don't want to be edited to display only

7. Save it

8. In SE93 create a Variant Transaction, say ZFK02 & tie it to the Transaction Variant Z_FK02.

9. Let the users use ZFK02 instead of FK02.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question