cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication of Mapping

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Whenever we are doing any graphical mapping ,PI must generate the corresponding code somewhere in Server.

Can we get that file from the server and is that file editable.

The reason I am asking this question is because I need to replicate same mapping in quite a few places.If I get the files from the server ,I will do the changes in that file and will put into the server again so that the same mapping I need to do in all the other places,will be reflected.

Can anyone have any idea on this.

Thanks

Ayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can save that particular maping as a template and we can use any where & you can edit also.

fist save as a mapping template.

Thanks

Sivaram

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy Object or using mapping template is ok..But is there any file in the back end which does all these things!

Thanks

Ayan

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayan,

Better to use copy object,if you want to use the same mapping logic in different interfaces,If you want to edit or change the mapping its very easy to do,even you can mapping template,but once again you need to import that one,its time consuming process. replication mapping best approch and most of people follow is copy object only.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not a good practice to directly edit the code.

However, if you want to view the source code, press CTRLSHIFT0, then download the graphical mapping java code and save this .zip in our local machine

You can open the ZIP file in your JAVA Editor

Venkat.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayan,

In message mapping,do the following:

CtrlShiftRight Click

Select Tools->Export Tools->Export.

You can edit the .mte file.

And import the modified .mte file into your new mapping.

Regards,

Vishal

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If exactly the same mapping is to be used then you can change that mapping in IR itself....if multiple copies of the maping is to be used and then each will have to be changed a bit then make a copy of the mapping and do the changes (right-click --> copy object).

May be making such changes in the backend not a good option/ practice.

Regards,

Abhishek.