cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Diagnostics - wily Introscope agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a doubt. If we have multiple instances running on the same host. What should I do to Install the Wily Introscoe Agent? How it will collect the data on different instances and send it to Enterprise manager? Because by default the Wily Introscope agent will install on /usr/sap/ccms/wilyintroscope.

Thanks,

Ramu J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

If we have multiple instances running on the same host.

Are these the managed systems (Systems to be monitored), if its managed system you don't need to worry, you just need to install SMD Agents whose instance number would be automatically set 98,97,97....

>

What should I do to Install the Wily Introscoe Agent? How it will collect the data on different instances and send it to Enterprise manager? Because by default the Wily Introscope agent will install on /usr/sap/ccms/wilyintroscope.

Wily Introscope Agent needs to be installed in Solution Manager system only (Managed System).

Hope this answers your query.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Thanks for the reply.

I did not understand your answer. Say I have a host named Abc.xyz.com, on this host I have my EPQ and EPT (training) systems. So If I want to install SMD agent for both the instances. How can I do that...because it will be installed in /usr/sap/<SMD> right.

and regarding the Wily introcope, what will be the case in the same above manner?

wily introscope enterprise manager will be installed on Solution manager system (Managing system) and the bite code agent is installed on Java Hosts (Managed System).

can you explain the senarios some ehat detail.

Thanks,

Ramu J

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not understand your answer. Say I have a host named Abc.xyz.com, on this host I have my EPQ and EPT (training) systems. So If I want to install SMD agent for both the instances. How can I do that...because it will be installed in /usr/sap/<SMD> right.

SMD Agents get installed as

/usr/sap/SMD/J98 (for instance 00 eg:ECC6.0 )

/usr/sap/SMD/J97 (For Instance 05 Can be a different system say BI7.0)

/usr/sap/SMD/J96 (For Instance say 07 Can be your EP)

Hope you will be able to understand now.

and regarding the Wily introcope, what will be the case in the same above manner?

wily introscope enterprise manager will be installed on Solution manager system (Managing system) and the bite code agent is installed on Java Hosts (Managed System).

Your byte code agents are to be deployed through SDM of the respective Managed Systems. I don't see any conflict here as well.

Refer Page19 of [this guide.|https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000271852008E/SAPISDOC72_02.pdf]

Hope this answers your queries.

Feel free to revert back

-=-Ragu

Edited by: Raguraman C on Nov 4, 2009 5:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu/ Rajeev,

Thanks for the reply. My doubt now is, Do I need multiple SMD agents to be installed on one single host, If I have multiple instance on it? Will SMD runs on Instance specific? or It runs on Os level, something like SAPOSCOLLECTOR?

Thanks,

Ramu.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My doubt now is, Do I need multiple SMD agents to be installed on one single host, If I have multiple instance on it? Will SMD runs on Instance specific? or It runs on Os level, something like SAPOSCOLLECTOR?

Yes You have to install multiple SMD Agents, it will work. Excalty, it runs as a service in OS, but the name of the services will differ.

Hope this answers your queries.

-=-Ragu

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramu,

You dont need to install it on all instances. You need to install SMD agents only on the host where your Central Instance is running. When any SMD agent is installed on your host, it will be automatically installed on your Java instance and dialogue instance.

Rajeev

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Rajeev,

Please read through his question and the subsequent posts again . He has multiple Systems(Obviously more than one instance) running on single host. He is not talking about a HA environment. Which means, more than one managed system in a single host.

So obviously requires multiple SMDs.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Your correct, I am saying that, On single Host I have 2 different instances ( on ABC.XYX.com host I have say EPD( EP Development) and EPX ( EP sand Box) instances). so your sure that I have to install multiple SMD agents right?

Thanks,

Ramu J

Edited by: Ramu J on Nov 6, 2009 9:27 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramu,

Please refer the installation guide for Wily Introscope.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90d4ea4c-63bc-2a10-0f9e-98e895c61....

Enterprise manager should be there in Solution Manager system and you need to install agents in satellite system's host. Agents will collect the data and send to SM.

Regards,

Rajeev