Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to check who change the trace level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me how can i get that who change the trace level in system, in our client lot of people have Sm50, St01, St05,ST12 and other trace transactions, and it become difficult to track down who is changing the traces level

people often change the trace level and forget, and it become difficult to track down the changes,

can someone help me how can i know that trace level are changed by which user id at what time

Thanks,

Dinesh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> Can anyone please help me how can i get that who change the trace level in system, in our client lot of people have Sm50, St01, St05,ST12 and other trace transactions, and it become difficult to track down who is changing the traces level

>

> people often change the trace level and forget, and it become difficult to track down the changes,

>

>

> can someone help me how can i know that trace level are changed by which user id at what time

>

>

>

> Thanks,

> Dinesh

The search button is your friend

For ST01 it shows up under "Last Change" with the user ID, date and time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot remember the exact names, but if you take look in those transactions (there are more than the ones you have listed..) then you will see a call to FM TH_CHANGE PARAMETER.

You will see the name of the dynamic profile (and the authority check in it against S_ADMI_FCD action ST0M etc...) there, or some checks performed before the function is called.

Then take a look in transaction TU02 for the history of the parameters...

Good luck,

Julius

ps: A popular error exists in transaction SMGW: Wanting to dynamically set the gateway logging via the Expert Functions menu, you might be tempted to increase the "Trace level"... This is the ST11 developer trace!!! Rather choose the Security sub menu and activate the gateway specific log there, otherwise your production system might have some performance problems from the developer trace (which is a different local topic of less interest for gateway security....).

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 4, 2009 12:03 AM