cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change IP address on ECC6 (ABAP + JAVA stack)

former_member577095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we need to change the IP address of our server running an ECC6 with double stack (ABAP & Java). Also the DB is in the same server (it's a Demo IDES system).

The computer's name will remain the same as previously.

In the HOSTS file we have updated the new IP address.

Are there some other manual corrections needed ?

Is ther something to be adapted in the J2EE admin of config ?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member577095
Participant
0 Kudos

Addendum:

I have changed the IP address (from 192.168.0.112 to 192.168.3.128) and the ABAP stack ip up and working but the Java is stopped.

Looking into the log I find:

Thr 1484] *** ERROR => NiPConnect2: SiPeekPendConn failed for hdl 0 / sock 6424

(SI_ECONN_REFUSE; I4; ST; 192.168.0.112:3300) [nixxi.cpp 2764]

[Thr 1484] *** ERROR => GwIConnect: GwConnect to 192.168.0.112 / sapgw00 failed (rc=NIECONN_REFUSED) [gwxx.c 294]

[Thr 1484] * LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

[Thr 1484] * ERROR partner '192.168.0.112:sapgw00' not reached

It seems tha the Java has some additional configuration with the IP address stati inserted instead of retreiving it form HOSTS.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

There are several locations in the configuration of the J2EE Engine where a hostname or IP address could be used. By default hostnames are used and no changes should be necessary. It is unlikely that you have to change anything there, but you could check note 757692 for reference.

The error that you have shown is not fatal and does not prevent the J2EE Engine from working. I think it is caused by wrong gateway configuration. Please start Visual Administrator and navigate to the u201CJCO/RFC Provideru201D service on the server nodes and correct the configuration to eliminate the error.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)

former_member577095
Participant
0 Kudos

Ciao Ventsi,

thanks for your help.

I will try.

Anyway the Java engine starts and then is stopped.

Thank you very mutch.

Andrea

former_member577095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have looked into OSS note:

Note 757692 - Changing the hostname for J2EE Engine 6.407.0 installation

It is mainly related to host name than IP address.

Looking into the log file server.0.log I see:

Thread[impl:5]_51##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#Plain###Service com.sap.security.core.ume.service error. 
Nested exception is: com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.frame.KernelResourceBundle', 
ID='UME initialization failed.', Arguments: []--> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME initialization failed.
	at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:372)
	at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)
	at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)
	at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)
	at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)
Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: Connect to SAP gateway failed
Connect_PM  TYPE=A ASHOST=*192.168.0.112* SYSNR=00 GWHOST=192.168.0.112 GWSERV=sapgw00 PCS=1

LOCATION    CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode
ERROR       partner '192.168.0.112:sapgw00' not reached

The actual IP address il 192.168.3.128. I do not understand where the 192.168.0.112 (the previously IP addres) comes from.

May be there are some manual adjustment in Java parameters or RZ10 or SM59.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Andrea

former_member577095
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue seems solved.

I have stared the Java config too and adjusted:

Global server configuration -> Services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service -> ume.r3.connection.master.ahost value (custom) puttimg the new IP address.

I have restared everything and all Web Services are running fine now.

Hope this helps.

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Configure the service on hostname...if it works next time if incase there is IP change issue will not be raised.

Regards

kumar