cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SM7.1 available now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If so, what is the major difference between SM7.0 and SM7.1? The impact to the configuration of Charm, SMD, Service desk, monitoring, etc.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution Manager 7.1?!!!!

We don't have that, We have Solution Manager 7.0 with EHP1.

Check this link for release strategy for Solution Manager.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000627342004E.htm

Hope this answers your question.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help inform us in terms of CHARM configuration, is there any difference between SM7.0 and SM7.0 with enhpx?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In terms of CHARM configuration as per IMG steps, I believe they are the same.

Cheers,

SH

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In terms of configuration of ChaRM, there is no as such difference. But there workcenter of ChaRM for EHP is little different in look wise. Its more attractive and easy to use in EHP. The functionalities are same.

Rajeev

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

AS far I know/have heard the "Ramp-up" for Solution Manager 7.1 (formerly "known" as Solman 7.0 EHP2) will start in september 2010.

This version will among other things introduce the new monitoring & alerting infrastructure that will succed the current (and very old, I might add) CCMS infrastructure. The new monitoring & alerting infrastructure is based on the Diagnostic infrastructure.

There is a little "snake preview" PDF available at SDN. Look for "LCM221"

Hope this answers the original question

Best regards

Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unconfirmed rumour is that Solution Manager 7.1 will enter ramp-up in Q1 2011. Probably we will remain on EHP1 until then, as new functionalities will be included in SM 7.1

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There does not exist anything called Solution Manger 7.1. We have SM 3.2, 4.0 and 7.0. As per SAP, there wont be any new version of Solution Manager, atleast, till the end of 2009 as SM7.0 is the most compatable version. There exists EHPs of solution manager details about which you can find in Service Market Place.

Rajeev.