cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing company intranet sites into the Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have several web sites running on our internal intranet infrastructure. Most of these sites contain only static content. We would like an easy way to migrate and provide this content into our NW04s Portal. I know Web Content management in the SAP Portal is quite weak so I would also be interested to hear what other people are doing to address this. Feedback would be much appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate on requirement.

Portal normally acts as single point of entry to different applications and the websites stay in their own domain.

Can you give more details on what type of application are they and how content management is currently handled ?

Regards,

Piyush

ps: please mark for all useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Intranet sites that are effectively islands of information. They each have a content administrator who is responsible for managing this web site. We have SAP Portal that currently ONLY delivers SAP Transaction. We want to combine structured and unstructured content and ideally not have a separate Intranet but one Employee Portal. So lets say we have one Intranet site dedicated to Laptops that has a home page and lets say 9 sub HTML linked pages. Again this is just static content. We want to move of the infrastructure that this is delivered on and move it ALL into the SAP Portal. The content in the portal should then be managed in much the same way as any web authoring solution (i.e. contributor, approver, viewer).

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

NW Developer studio has the facility to deploy. (Go to developer studio >> windows>> preference and point to the server host & port). it goes well and we have done that successfully.

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

What I would suggest is use SAP Portal for a point of entry. SAP Portal comes with comprehensive Knowledge Management and Collaboration. So evaluate what applications can be migarated to leverage Portal capabilities. Others can still remain on their specialized content managment tools but should be made available only through Portal using Single Sign On.

Regards,

Piyush

ps: please mark useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback however we want to standardize on the Portal and do not want more tools. But if we do are there any recommendations as we do not want to stay on out current content management solution?

> Hi Raymond,

>

> What I would suggest is use SAP Portal for a point of

> entry. SAP Portal comes with comprehensive Knowledge

> Management and Collaboration. So evaluate what

> applications can be migarated to leverage Portal

> capabilities. Others can still remain on their

> specialized content management tools but should be

> made available only through Portal using Single Sign

> On.

>

> Regards,

> Piyush

> ps: please mark useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you can always deploy J2EE Applications on a WAS but you will definitely have to evaluate Portal against the features you want to implement.

There is no point in choosing a Portal if that results in loss of functionality.

I would recommend use Best of all the Worlds

Regards,

Piyush

ps: please mark useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And the Best of the Worlds would be......:-)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar, could you be more specific. Within preferences in NWDS what option do we use to point to server host and port?

> Hi,

>

> NW Developer studio has the facility to deploy. (Go

> to developer studio >> windows>> preference and point

> to the server host & port). it goes well and we have

> done that successfully.

> Cheers

> Jawahar Govindaraj

Answers (0)