Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create search help !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

I have created a search help which fetches a data from a 'Z' table . Its working but only problem is comparison that takes place is case sensitive . So if I enter values in lower case then it will not fetch any value .

Is there any way to solve this problem ???

Any inputs ??

Thanks ,

Sonu M.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonu,

Looks like your data element on which search happens can accept only UPPER CASE, that is why search is failing. Try to take out that check box in the DATA ELEMENT SE11.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

where are you using that search help. do you have any entries with Lowercase in your Ztable.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi,

if your Domain is Custom one then you need to check the checkbox <b>Lowercase</b> in the Domain <b>Definition</b> tab .

if you check that it will allow both upper and lowercase combination.

this is what help says about that..

Lowercase letters allowed/not allowed
If this flag is set, upper case and lower case are distinguished when you enter values with screen masks.

Otherwise all the letters entered will be converted to upper case when you enter values with a screen mask.

This mechansim is in effect for all the fields referring to this domain.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check in

utilities->settings->ABAP EDITOR->SPLIT SCREEN -> COMPARISION OPTIONS

there u hav to check the ignore upper case / lower case comparisions

plz reward if helpful

former_member534411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sonu,

you have 2 ways to solve this problem

1) If you are able control data in Z-table, use translate to Upper case while you are storing data into Z-table.

2) Fetch whatever data you have in Z-table and traslate problem text field into Uppercase ( you can use search help exit for manipulating the data .

)

Reward points if you think it is helpfull answer.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

I DONT THINK THERE IS ANY PROBLEM IN YOUR SEARCH HELP,YOU CHECK WITH YOUR LOGIC WHERE YOU R PASSING THE DATA INTO THE SEARCH HELP.I DONT THINK THERE IS ANY RESTRICATIION IN THE SEARCH HELP FOR UPPER CASE OR THE LOWER CASE.

THANKS

MRUTYUN

0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Thanks for all your inputs .

But I think I have missed some points while explaining the situation .

I have just created a search help no restriction on the values . How to add those restriction .

Someone discussed search exit , anyone knows about it ??

Please help ..

Thanks ,

Sonu M.

0 Kudos

Hi,

in that case you should go for search help exit

have a look at this SAP help..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21ee52446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Sonu,

Please reward all help full answers.

Regards,

Suresh