Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting zprofiles to Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are manually created zprofiles which need to be converted into roles. The option 6 of SU25 provides 2 options Optimized and Identical to profile. Which approach will you suggest?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you plan on using SU24 (which I recommend) then go for optimized.

If you think your profiles are well built but have no relation to the tcodes anymore (or never had...) then go for identical.

You should also consider how large the profiles are and how many profiles (and later roles) will be assigned to the users.

In many cases after doing the initial analysis of the impact, you will end up concluding that it is better to build them from scratch...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

On this topic, I wanted to clarify something. In my case, the client is on 3.1(something - I have to clarify the specific version), and they have profiles and no roles (no PFCG). From what you're saying, I can use SU25 to convert the profiles to roles (identical or optimized) in ECC6, once they've upgraded to ECC6, and then determine the appropriate course of action (e.g. redesign the roles, or just go with the optimized converted roles).

Am I getting you right?

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks