cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow on two production clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi'

we have two clients in production one for MasterData and one for transactions. Now I want to start a workflow on the transaction client from a workflow on the masterdata client.

What is the easyest way, to start the workflow and send some parameters to it?

Kind regards

Mikkel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi' Florin and Mike

I usually try to avoid code as much as possible and use, what ever SAP provides for me.

Thus i like the idea about the "Destination of reciever" best. BUT i have tried to make a setup in SWETYPV and testing that the events are raised in the other client. But nothing happens in SWEL. I use a Logically defined destination: "Workflow_Local_201". The destination works if I test it in SM59. I run on a 620 version!

Any ideas how i can get it to work? Or should i just go the ABAP way?

Thanks so far.

Mikkel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The event should be in the event log of the target client (if log is enabled).

... hm. Wait. Only the processing (i.e. workitem-creation) is performed in the target client where the event-log-entry should be listed in the source client.

I don't have such a system environment available to test it here... maybe Mike could give a hint here.

Best wishes,

Florin

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikkel,

The easiest is to write a method that does a

sap_wapi_create_event target <remotehost>...

to raise an event via rfc. You can pass event parameters along in a container.

(Actually, I can't remember is SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT is RFC enabled, if not then use SWE_EVENT_CREATE).

XML is implemented in various degrees across the versions and gets simpler on 620+ systems (mentioning your version always helps). If your basis folk have set up a WAS system with all the webby stuff, the more fun way is using a web task with XML.

Cheers,

Mike

Message was edited by: Mike Pokraka - added SWE_EVENT_CREATE bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mikkel,

in your source client (e.g. 100) you could use a workflow step "raise event" (for a business object you find suitable), e.g. ZMASTER.Changed.

Enable the event linkage (SWETYPV) as usual, plus enter in the field Receiver Destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL_xxx (where xxx is your destination client).

The workflow batch user (usually WF-BATCH) and it's password on both clients should be synchronized.

Best regards,

Florin

addendum: To pass parameters to the new workflow create them as event-parameters in the business object.