Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you delete a variable of type 'Text'

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to remove some text variables that I created in the BEx query designer.

Does anybody know how to do that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Pl follow this procedure:

First make sure that this text variable is not used anywhere else.

Now go to KF structure-->right click on any KF/CKF/Formula ->properties->Edit---> now click on 'Select Text varibles' icon --->it will show you all the available text variables -> double click on the text variable which you wanted to delete (now you can see it in descrion wondow of KF )-> Highlight only this 'Text varible'(just like slecting it)->now just click on it again (left mosue click)---> from drop down,choose 'Edit Text variable' --->cilck on 'delete' push button..

text variable will be deleted if it is not being used in any other kf/ckf/formuala...etc

Hope this helps!

pl don't forget to reard points if it helps!

thanks

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

As I just said above, I know this procedure. But my variable does not show in the list. It exists however as I can see it in table RSZGLOBV

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it should be there.turn on tech names and search carefully from top to bottom of variable list.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Goto the change of the text variable and there below you will have the Delete button.

Clicking that will delete the Variable.

But before deleting please make sure it is not used anywhere.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Parth.

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

OK I can do that.

But I seem to have created a text variable that is not displayed in the list.

I can see it on RSZGLOBV but not when accessing text variables in the query designer.