cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to capture country of origin for imports

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the best practice for capturing COO for purchases? Sometimes the COO is not known when creating PO, or is different than the PO. GTS can override, and report correct COO to customs, but what about ECC? If ECC is not updated, there will be a discrepency between ECC and GTS, and ECC is the "system of record". Is best approach to update PO when correct COO is known?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no standard best practice, the info depends on what Customs process you use, basically, If you do not work with Certificate of Origins and or Preferences the accuracy of the COO is not quite relevant and thus you may want to automize it.

The COO comes from the material Master, this info is overruled by the Purchase info Recordm and this info is overruled by the COO from the batch (if you work with batches of course).

Hope this helps,

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. My concern is that the COO is correct in the PO, batch, and GTS Customs Doc, and that they all of course conform with the certificate of origin. I'm thinking the best way to do this is to update PO when cert of origin is known, and that info can feed downstream.

Can't rely on Material master COO as too many combinations of origins and products.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that your concern is that the data is all the same, but that should not be a problem. What the System does is write the COO into the logistics document where the information from the Purchase info Record overrules the info from the Material Master and the info from the Batch overrules the one from the PIR. Once the information is in the document it will be copied to the delivery if you did not setup the system to redetermine Foreign Trade Data at each step (check your customizing setigs for the Foreign Trade Data).

The information from the Logistics document will be fed to the GTS. So you can not have an inconsistency in the documents (unless someone changes the info after the transfer to GTS).

Regards,

Marc

Edited by: Marc P. Gilomen on Mar 24, 2011 12:26 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I thought COO was more relevant to Denied Parties List? eg the origin of the goods not who sold them to you? However for UK Intrastat Country to/Country from are required fields. How do we capture this information for SAP Intrastat report? Thx!