SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need your advise regarding the FM area and its assignment. we have 10 Company Code and assigned to one controlling area.

three company initially do not need to active the Funds management , but these three company require activation of funds management later on.also we have cross company transaction between all of companies.

I created one FM area which are assigned to all company codes right now, give me your advise regarding the following option

1-Should I create the dummy Commitment item with financial transactions 90, 60, and 50 and make assignment to three company , so that no FM document will be created. when these company needed proper FM , I will create the master data of Commitment item on which system will check the budget etc.

2-Should I create the DUMY FM AREA, Commitment item with financial transactions 90, 60, and 50 in DUMY FM AREA and make assignment to three company. When these company needed Funds Management, I will delete the data of DUMY FM area if any and will make assignment to other actual FM Area.

I also read the SAP Note 122581 - Company code/FM area assignment in FM and provided solution, but needed some advise from your side

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would've created a separate FM area and assign those 3 company codes to it. In this FM area, create dummy commitment item (statistical), so, indeed, no FM documents will be created. Then, when the time comes, re-assign those company codes to the operating FM area.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would've created a separate FM area and assign those 3 company codes to it. In this FM area, create dummy commitment item (statistical), so, indeed, no FM documents will be created. Then, when the time comes, re-assign those company codes to the operating FM area.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

I tested in system by creating a separate DUMY FM area and Dummy Commitment Item .....etc. System is deriving the Commitment Item from General ledger a per my derivation strategy and posted some document. system did not created a FM Document because of FM Master data attributes.

After That I reassign Operating FM area, and try to reverse the financial documents which were posted earlier with DUMY FM Area. System is not allowing to reverse the document, asking Commitment item is not created in my operating FM area. As Dummy Commitment is created in DUMMY FM AREA not in Operating FM Area.

Kindly Advise

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why would you reverse the document? Anyway, if you want to reverse it after the reassignment, then simply create this dummy FM object also in the new FM area.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I want to test the document which were filled with dumy object. Might be some document need s to reverse or reset or clearing require in future ...........etc