Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCP6 Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my end user is receving this error when he is running MCP6 tcode.

Authorization check:Scope of selection "plant" was restricted.

I verified the plant access. He has required plant.

Please help me on this issue.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

the message the user receives is logical - isnt it?

when authorizations are retricited to a particlau organizational element (say X) when you run the transaction for all elements (*) the system checks the users authorizations to see that he has only X so you get the messages that "plants missing or restricted due to missing authorizations)

0 Kudos

Shekar,

I agree with you, however, when user has required access, he should not get the error message.

In my set-up, I have given the plant range (eg: 0001-0010) and user is keying (eg: 0002 plant) and a MRP controller value, when he does execution he is getting above 'Authorization Check failure', moving forward when he clicks the pop-up box, a new message is displayed "No data selected".

So you mean to say that, I should not maintain the plant range, instead I should maintain individual plant numbers at org levels.

If your point is that, then the error should pop-up for other transactions too.

Or Is there any specific criteria that only for this MCP6 tcode, I need to maintain invidual plants at org levels.

Please advice.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Anil,

your set up seems ok and as the user is executing it on the plant 0002 for which the user has access - you are right in saying that the message shouldnt appear - i will check on my environment on how it works and give you a status.

by the way, what does the /nsu53 reveal?

0 Kudos

Anil,

I am sorry, the customizing setting for repetetive manufacturing are not done at my work place, so i really cant test what is right/wrong woth MCP6. When you mentioned the transaction, i was under the impressiong that it would be in Logistics information system..........but i realize my assumption is wrong.

I suggest that you wait for an update from other forum members on this topic

cheers,