cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic packing qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have a requirement while creating a sales order for a particular material the system has to propose automatic quantity required to pack the materiial where the packing material is returnable packing material.The user would just input the sales qty based on which the system proposes the required packing quantity..may be we maintain i the material amster or so??

Please suggest

AJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you have,

First you define packing instructions for material - how much quantity pack in which

second you maintain determination rule for packing instruction,

For this Central function>>>>Handling unit mgt>>>>master data

or

T-code

POP1

POF1

Then in sales order go to extra -

packing proposal, system automatically pack the quantity as per instruction you speciefied

kapil

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Nov 4, 2009 6:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kapil & senya,

Thanks for your reply.I have still have one query is that through packing proposal in SO and activating the HU the system will do the automatic packing.

1.I have to select all line item and then select Automatic packing..sounds silly question.still answer me.

2.The packing material which iam talking about is the returnable packing,so when the customer return sthe material a return order for packing materiial should be done and the subsequent delivery??And what about VF01??

Please suggest

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to pack material at delievery or you want to create packing proposal at sales order level ?

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

we have maintained the settings for packing like matertial group packing material

also allowed packing material grp .assigned them in the material masters and no when we create a sales order and click on the packing proposal for manually.the material gets packed but the issue is the system doesnt show how much packing material is used for packing the FG material(no of packing qty)

we have also mainatined in the additional data wth the conversion required for the packing to take place in the FG material master.when we see the packing proposal tab in the processing of packing proposal it says "No material to be packed found, or quantity to be packed equals zero" and its blank too.

And in the Ttl content tab it shows as two line item

hier line id mat packng packed qty sale unit

0 $ 1 CR102

1 0000000003 000010 F1003 24 BOX

Note : 1 cr102 = 6 boxes

Please suggest what is missing?

thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create Apcking isntruction with POP1 . With packing material and material to be packed.

Create determination records With POF1 then try .

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS,

created packing instructions and packing determination also,but same problem exist.The issue is during packing proposal the material is getting packed,but i dont find the number of the packing material the system proposes information.Also when this sales order is processed for delivery i dont get a seperate line item of the packing material for doing PGI..

Please suggest wat has to be done.

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check wheather the right packing instruction is being picked.

On pack proposal tab you will find a button at bottom "SELECT" , through this selct the PI. You will see the quantity to be packed and the amount of packaging material needed in "Total quantity" also check what is the status of packing instruction in pack proposal tab. It should be Green.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi senya,Vishal,

we have done the settingsfor the automatic packing propsal but the packing material is not copied in the delivery document and also there are two fields partial packing and total quantity in the material to be packed tab below.I assume that if its automatic packing we need not have to put the partial qty so that the system splits the total quantity in the required packing units.

Please suggest what should be done.

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created Determination procesdure with t code OFP4

Now maintain Packing profile with OVHU2 for outbound delv.

Revert if you face any problem.

regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

thanks for the reply.I have created and assigned the procedure.what next still whether in sales order during the packing proposal automatic do we need to select the matrial to be packed and the packing material and click on the pack icon? as mentioned earlier i have also maintained the settings of the automatic packing proposal

Can you please give me step by step details of the settings and also at the transaction level of sales order so that i would be of very help and speed up my process too and close this issue here.

Hope u would agree with me

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

please need the steps for automatic packing proposal in sales order.

1) should the partial quantity to be given in the material to be packed as we assume in the automatic packing proposal the sytem does the same.

2) The packing material is not copied in to delivery line item

please suggest

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for replying late

For Automatic Proposal

Va02- Extras- Packing proposal -

Packing proposal tab . Here you will get the proposal based on the PI . It you have mulitple Pi then select it from the Button SELECT.

For automatic packing

Vl02N -- click Pack select the the item and click on automatic packing button.

or

Hu02 -- Select the material to be packed and click on automatic packing

Hu will be genrated through above methods.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for replying late

Still the issue remains open.

For better understanding let me please provide the steps done by us.

1.Define packing material types

2.Created the material grp for packing material

3.Define allowed packing materials

4.Also created PI in POP1

5 Also created determination rules in POF1(used std RCPT)

6.Now when in VA02 we select the materials to be packed and the packing materials,extras --> clcik on automatic packing

and when we again click on extras --> Total of packing materials,the sytem shows only one qty as packing material

*we have 5 line items of material to be packed. The system shows only One qty as packing material

secondly the packing maetrial is also not copied in the delivery as delivery line item for PGI.*

Further more info:

1.Assigned in material masters the material grp for packing materials

2.also assigned the crate conversion in the additional data --> units of measurement

3. Item category is OR LEIH TAL TAN

Suggest if any thing missed out.

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi further to add to the above just for info we dont have transportation module here.

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In yours steps i still dont see customization of packing determination procedure assigned in packing profile . Have you done that ?

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI VS,

Sorry for not mentioning that.We had already created a packing procedure (copy of 000001) and also assigned RCPT condition type to it already. Not sure what exactly is really missing upon again?

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you try to create HU does Automatic packing function is working properly?

I mean are you able to create HU though the PI you created for it.

I feel yours setting seems alright. Check again you might be missing something in mentioned settings.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for reply.

For you information its not working.again i would like to mention the steps i have done.

In Order i took material A -15 ( 15 qty in one crate ) and material B-12 (12 qty in one crate).i have also maintained the packing instructions for the same. Now in packing propsal i can see the partila qty as 15 and 12 respectively. i click on the choice of allowed packing material and i select the crate material.

Now when i goto extras--> select automatic packing i see the 2 under the handling units tab and ID type as G.

But when i again goto extras--> Total of packing materials,it is showing as 1 under the similar tab.

please suggest again.

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Please suggest me some solution

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Still need some solution. for automatic packing do we need to apply the userexit PACKMODI..

Please suggest by going through my query posted.

Thanks

AJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue resolved .Thanks Forum

Former Member
0 Kudos