cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining which Java instance user is on a Hardware load balancer system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose I have a hardware load balancer installed for JAVA only system. There is no URL redirection, so looking at the address bar, I wouldn't know which instance I was redirected, Is there any way by which I can find out which instance I am really in?

Thanks

Javed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isn't there any other way around?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends if your hardware load balancer is able to display this information...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

I do not quite understand your requirement. You have installed a load balancer to specifically abstract and proxy the java server connection, and now you want to find the very information that you are attempting to hide in the first place? Naturally, this would only be available on the balancer or java servers, no?

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamshi

You haven't got my requirement. I have 4 dialog instances of a java only server. My hardware load balancer is set to divert users to any of the four app servers based on its internal logic. In the adress bar of browser, I only enter the link pointing to hardware load balancer, rest is taken care by it. And since the URL in the browser does not change (after redirection) to the logged in instance, I cannot make out from the address bar which app server I have been redirected to. I want to know this information somehow.

Thanks

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to check the HTTP logs of each java application server.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can know this by using your url, you will try to access your system using the 5XX00 where xx is your instance number.

Also you can check using visual admin, server-services-security provider-session.

Regards,

Vamshi.