cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new IView will take long time to affect the portal webpage

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

while creating the new IView, it will take long time to affect the portal webpage. After more than 4 hours it will reflect in the portal webpage.

what the reason ?

i am using Netweaver ABAP+ JAVA 7.0 SP18

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

md_imran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

May I know iView consists of what? i.e is it a query/Template/Bookmark defined in the iView ???

Thanks,

Imran...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

for example, if we are modifying the exist iview , it will take min 2 to 3 hours to update.

So we are not know whether our modification affected are not. After3 -4 hrs only we came to know, the modification happened.

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The iviews must be in use and so updating would not happen immediately and only when not in use the changes are affected.

I would suggest any changes to iviews be done during non business hours or use the export import method for changes to be made, again this should be done during low usage period.

Also direct change in production is not a best practice.

Cheers Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you get a time-out on the first load?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417400)ID0924060850DB11568249048735260648End...

This post refers to NOTE 1017324.

I do not know if it will help, but we had a similar issue after upgrading to Portal 7.0. Even though our Basis team did perform the activity, it needed to be done again. Then the iView got displayed.