cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Connect SAP R3 from BO Enterprise XI R3 designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to create some Webi Reports based on SAP R3 System. for that i want to build a Universe on top of SAP R3 sytem.

So How to Connect SAP R3 from BO Enterprise XI R3 designer .

I am using BO XI R3.

Advanced thanks,

Reg

Bhanu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We currently don't support SAP R3 access using universes.

However there is an internal Labs application (not supported) where you are able to access SAP R3 within Dataards federator.

Once your Data Federator on SAP R3 created, it is easy to create a universe on top of it.

Please pay attention that it is an internal application that cannot be supported. Customers that want to download it have to subscribe.

You can download the application [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/innovation-center?rid=/webcontent/uuid/b062b12a-d505-2c10-7e86-e829df7a65bc] [original link is broken];.

Regards,

Didier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create an connection from designer, make seure you have SAP drivers

0 Kudos

You can setup universe connections to SAP BW but NOT to SAP R/3 systems for the time being.

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

Hi

currently you cannot create WebI reports directly on an R/3 system.

You have 3 options:

1. Use Crystal Reports. The CRystal Reports designer provides you with drivers to fetch data directly from an R/3 system.

2. Load your R/3 data into an SAP BW system. You can then build WebI reports on your SAP BW data.

3. Use the Business Objects Rapid Marts. These allow you to extract your R/3 data in a predefined DWH scheme which resides in a relational database. The Rapid Marts package includes also universes which allow you to build WebI reports on the DWH you extracted your R/3 data into.

Regards,

Stratos