cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same plant assignment to multiple company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Is it possible to assign same plant code to different company codes. If so what are all the implications?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A plant belongs to only one company code. It is one to one relationship between them. Also the same lies with storage location and plants. A storage location only can be assigend to single plant.

Becoz for all the purchasing documents when you specify plant you must have to specify company code which is specific.

Regards,

Tushar Patankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tushar

I am in the same conception as like you (i.e. plant is similar to sloc in definition); But, why SAP has given the provision to assign the same plant to different company codes?

It is not possible in 4.7; but in ECC 6.0 it is observed. What is is the use of this facility.

JL23
Active Contributor

have you really tried to the end? I mean saved and left the IMG.

When you then go in, are you still see 2 entries for your plant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is regarding nomenclature i.e. then the same key can be be used agian for different plants. If it regarding the representation for the plant I mean plant 1000 key can be used for different company codes.

Regards,

Tushar Patankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have tried it saving. It was saved.

I have also tried raising an account assigned PR for the multiple cocd assigned plant; by defalut system is showing the new company code (in grey mode) in account assignment tab. I have another question here, why it is showing only newly assigned cocd always.

But it is stopping me with an error that Cross company code purchases are not allowed.

Thank you

JL23
Active Contributor

looks like you are mixing some assignments.

if you only want to do cross company code purchasing, then you must not change the plant to company code assignment at all.

Instead you have to care about the customizing Assignment of purchasing org to company code and Assignment of purchasing org to plant.

you have to remove the purchasing org to company code assignment and assign the purchasing org to the plants only.

And in my ECC6 system when I create a new assignment for a plant that is already assigned to a company code, then the first assignment is automatically deleted after saving. If that is not the case with your system, then you should open an incident at SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am able see the same plant assigned to two company codes even after saving. As you said, it should not happen, as lot of dependency data is already assigned with that plant and cocd_1 combination.

Thanks

Former Member

Dear Jurgen L

You are right. It is deleting the first assignment.

Thanks a lot.

Sorry for the late reply. My issue was resolved on the same day.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member854093
Discoverer
0 Kudos

one plant can only assign to one co-code we can not assign same plant with different co-codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is regarding nomenclature i.e. then the same key can be be used agian for different plants. If it regarding the representation for the plant I mean plant 1000 key can be used for different company codes.

Plant 1000 can be assigned to company code 1000

Plant1000 can also be assigned to company code 1200

It is only the nomenclature, but the addresses and all other details are the different for each plnats.

Baseline is same key can be used twice

Regards,

Tushar Patankar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this may be valid for the a storage location, but it is not the case for the plant.

So I totally disagree to your statement.

Have you tested before replying? I did.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OSS note 1251610 fixes some errors in OX18 transaction. With this note a new error message comes into the ECC6 system:

"Plant &1 is already assigned to company code &2".

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

whats the logic behind it. u assigns in SAP but it is practically possible? bcoz suppose i want to use different chart of account for different company codes.for Audit purpose. but i dont know whats u r actual requirement?

Thank you

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ONE plant can only belong to ONE company code.

One plant CANNOT be assigned to multiple compnay codes. See the help for the IMG activity.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I really need to assign same plant to several co.codes

We only have services, no stocks, no production, no evaluation. There is a way to do it?

Thank you.

KR,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can not assign one plant to multiple company codes...

For that you have to create 2 plants with different codes but adress will be one only.

Regards

Utsav

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes you can assign one plant code to many co. code...but the plant code will be unique with the co. code...

example:

1 co. code assigned to plant A, B, C

2 co. code can also be assigned to plant A, B, C....

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have a plant with all transactional and master data created. Now can I assign the same plant code to a newly created company code. If I can, what are the implications?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

that what you can not assign one plant to multiple company codes...

For that you have to create 2 plants with different codes but adress will be one only.

You create another plant ID with same Adress and assign it to another company code

Regards

Utsav

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree ...

For second linkage...you never make direct assignment to the plants...but the linkage is indirectly via Purchase organisation...

This is done for central purchasing..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Utsav

I can able to assign the existing plant (wiht master data and transactional data) to a newly created company code in ECC 6.0

What you said, I have observed in 4.7EE.

Can you please re confirm.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

Its not advisable to assign one plant to another company code.

You have to create a new one plant and assign to new company code.

regards

Utsav

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sure you can technically re-assign a plant to a different company code, this is must to correct errors made with initial customizing. However, this reassignment may only be done as long you dont have transactional data.

If you have already done posting to G/L accounts, I doupt that these entries will be moved to the other company code when you change the assignment in custominzing.