cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP/DS Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to shrink the production orders in the pp/ds planning table for easier planning.

I want to create for example 3 orders from 8 hours, but on the planning board they take less than 1 day for easy planning.

Kind regards,

Bert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bert,

Uh, three orders at 8 hours; 3X8=24, wouldn't that always take a day or less? Wouldn't that always display in a one day window?

It is unclear to me exactly what you are asking. If you are saying that you would like to be able to display a larger period of time in one window of the planning board, all you have to do is change the time scale.

/SAPAPO/CDPS0 enter your objects of interest; display. Right Click on any of the Scale bars containing the Date or Time (on my pc, they are yellow and orange), and you can change the view Hourly>Daily>Weekly>Monthly etc. You can further hide non-working hours in this same dialogue box.

If yo are saying that in one period you want to be able to clearly display the 3 orders, you might try to expand the item. Make sure the shuffler is open at the left. Highlight the item of interest in the shuffler (e.g., the resource, or product, etc). Right click, select 'expand multiple loading'. There, the items which are adjacent (finish time of one item equals the start time of the next item) are not displayed end-to-end in the graphical planning table but are separated.

Or, if I have completely misunderstood your questions, perhaps you can describe in detail what you need?

Rgds,

DB49.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dogboy,

To make it very easy for our planners to drag the production order to the right shift we used a little trick to change the variable duration to 7.2 H. We also created a litle zone between each shift of no production so you could easily see all shifts. Because the order in the planning board was only 7.2 h long but the bucket consumption was 8 h long, it was very easy to plan for our planners.

Now we want to be able to create production oders for longer periods than 8 h. Therefore we need to take away the little zones of no production on the planning board. In the past we always knew that in one zone there needed to be one production order equal to 7.2 h that were 8 h.

But when we take away the little zones, this will not be clear anymore. So we want to change the variable duration again to the real length of the order again. (8h = 8h on the planning board) If we do that it will be more difficult for our planners to drag and drop the production orders to the right place.

So i was wandering if there exist no trick to shrink the orders while planning and then unshrink them again. Our maybe an other way of planning so that we can use the drag and drop very easily.

Kind regards,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bert,

I don't understand your problem. Why don't you just let your orders span across shifts (including your little 'dead zone')? This is what is going to happen in real life, no?

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dogboy,

But how do you plan your orders?

Take for example that we have 3 ordres of 8 h.

In the past we saw 3 orders of 7.2 h in our planning board. It was very easy to drag and drop them in the right shift of 8 h because they were shrinked. (trick of variable duration explained above)

Now we do not want to use this trick anymore. This means that if they wan to plan in these three orders, they need to be planned in correctly at 0h, 8h, and 16h for example so we have no overlap and we end at 0 h again. This is very difficult with drag and drop the production orders in the planning board. So i look for a way to use the old way of planning (drag and drop), but with production orders of 8 h duration.

I hope it is a bit clear now.

Kind regards,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bert,

I don't know why you want to abandon your trick, if it made your job easier.

I am not sure what you are looking for. If you want an easy way to see the beginning and ending of an order, so as to make it easy to drag and drop, then "expand multiple loading" for each resource or product as I mentioned before. Also,expanding the time scale will make it easier to identify the shift boundaries.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dogboy,

How do you plan end-to end in the planning board very easy? Is this possible with drag and drop ore do you have to type in the start time for each order?

Kind regards,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bert,

End to end? If you mean the finish time of one order is equal to the start time of the next order, I don't do it. I let heuristics take care of that. Try Schedule Sequence or similar.

The only time I ever go into a planning board is to handle exceptions. Heuristics should take care of the grunt work.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dogboy,

I tried your solution to continue working with the little dead zones but span my orders across different shifts.

But apo will automatically schedule my order at the end of the plannin horizon because i can not span across my little dead zones.

Can you help me how to do it?

Kind regards,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Lotsa things to look at.

Start with this. I will assume that your resources are single or single-mixed PPDS resources. In your PPM, in the Modes for each operation, ensure that "break not allowed" and "production within shift" are not checked. While you are in your PPM, look at the settings in your Activity relationships. Depending on the settings in your scheduling strategy, these may impact how the order is scheduled.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot dogboy,

Is it possible to set this flag breaks not allowed standard on not active?

Kind regards,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bert,

Forgive my stupidity, but it is not clear to me what you are asking.

I would imagine that one of the settings in either R/3 Work Centers. R/3 Routings, or SCM resources might control this setting. My experience is that it normally gets CIFd across 'un-set'. I have never tried to find which setting (if any) controls it.

If you are unable to find a way to default this setting to the setting that you want, you can always mass update your PPM operations using MASSD.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dogboy,

That was my question. I will look a bit further.

Thanks for your help.

Bert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Inside the planning board, in the top menu, select

goto > Special resource maintenance > capacity

profile,

Under the above, you can temporarily change

the capacity so that the production order capacity