Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RFC/IDOC with a set of business rules applied on every record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have a scenario where the following happens

checks need to be performed

1. Technical validations on the file picked up (Can be done through java programs)

2. Business rules to be applied on every record (Am not sure if this can be done in PI) Sample business rules - record id already present in the SAP system, check if some manadatory fields are missing in the record etc..quite a lot to be applied

I assume we use the File>PI>IDOC/RFC scenario for this..

However am not sure on how we apply the complex business rules on every record in file using PI.

Any suggestions??

Regards,

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We can achieve this type of requirement using JAVA Map,First confirm how many validations need to be done,if bussines rules fails what next step,like going to stop the process with alert/mail notification??

I had done one of the requirement to validate /compare one CIDX Order chnage document with other CIDX order change document exists in Data base.

my advice to you write java map,we can perfrom RFC Lookup using JAVA Map,retrieve RFC table values and compare or validate in JAVA Map program.but you have to be good java programmer to achieve this requirement.but it can be done using JAVA Map.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Thnx for the apt answers. However, I would like to check if there is a reference to a step by step guide, blog or article for these kind of scenarios.

Also wondering if i can use BPM or avoid using it

Raj, can you please provide me details on the similar scenario u had executed

Regards,

Kalyan

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi My requirement as follow,

ELEMICA(CIDX)--->sap xi->SAP ECC,i receive CIDX Ordechange document from source system,when it is order change , the similr Order Chnage document available in DATA BASE,i need to retrive it from data base using some key fileds, i need to compare some of the fileds like PO Number,Buyer sequence number..like many fileds.if there is any change while validating then i need to send it SAP ECC Orders IDOC,IF TEH Values are same then i need to exit the process with mail to admin .

How i done my requiremnet i already explained,if you looking for any info let me know,but i never faced any problems like perfromace issues ...but writing JAVA Maping code is bit tough.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

>>Business rules to be applied on every record (Am not sure if this can be done in PI) Sample business rules - record id already present in the SAP system, check if some manadatory fields are missing in the record etc..quite a lot to be applied

yes this can be done using RFC look up but i will not prefer the approach. Pass the data to an ABAP proxy and do the validations there, then if all is found successful then trigger the IDoc. So all validations and IDoc triggering can be done from ECC and PI will act as an integrator to bring the data to SAPECC.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks and Regards

Hemant