cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Delivery Date in Sale Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have an order on 03.11.2009 (today) and its last delivery date is 15.11.2009. It means that I have to deliver the complete order on or before 15.11.2009.

So where can I put this date in Sales Order?

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If customer requested you to delivery on or before 15.11.2009 and you have only one delivery date, then you can have that in the Requested Delivery date field of the Schedule line tab of that SO/LI.

But if you want to create an early delivery, still you have to enter 15.11.2009 in the VL01N screen.

But if you agree to have multiple deliveries, then you can have multiple schedule lines for that Line Items for those delivery dates your quoting with relevant quantities.

Then for delivery creation, you can put the relevant schedule line date & create deliveries using VL10E transaction.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupa,

Thanks for your response, but I do not want to put the SELECTION DATE as 15.11.2009 each and every time.

I want the settings that If I want to deliver the goods on 07.11.2009 (also the entry date) then VL01N-Selection Date should also accept the date as 07.11.2009. instead of giving error of No Schedule Line.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it's better to understand the system logic behind VL01N selection screen.

System goes and picks all schedule lines which as Requested Delivery Date earlier than the date given in the VL01N screen for that sales order.

So if you have only 1 schedule line and entered the Sch Line Req Delivery Date as 15.11.2009, then even to do a delivery on 07.11.2009, you have to put 15.11.2009 in the VL01N screen. That is because if you enter 07.11.2009 in Vl01N screen, system cannot find a schedule line in that sales order with requested delivery date below 07.11.2009. So that's why you have to enter 15.11.2009 there.

You can try below 2 options.

1st Option

If you know the relevant Line item to be delivered, then always you can ask user to keep the selection date as 31.12.9999 and enter BOTH Sales Order, Line Item. So that always he can delivery at any date before Requested delivery date (Simply your allowing user to select all schedule lines in that SO/LI)

2nd Option

You can have multiple schedule lines for that sales order line item in the sales order.

Eg:

First schedule lines with relevant quantity for 07.11.2009

Secodnd schedule lines with relevant quantity for 10.11.2009

Third schedule lines with relevant quantity for 15.11.2009

You can create these schedule lines at the point of creating the SO.

or

You can add a schedule line to the sales order with the relevant delivery quantity, just before delivery creation as well.

Then use VL10E transaction to do deliveries.

There system will show all schedule lines, where as user can mark relevant schedule line & create the delivery.

Hope this helps you!

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed clarification. Then I think the first option is good for us.

Also, one more thing, right now while creating the sales order the REQUESTED DELIVERY DATE is coming as CURRENT DATE as default. I want this field needs to be empty and mandatory so that user must have to put this date from his own side.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First let's see how ales order the REQUESTED DELIVERY DATE is coming as CURRENT DATE as default.

This is appear from the Sales Document Type configuration.

Go to VOV8 transaction

Select your Sales Document type & go in.

Under "Requested delivery date/pricing date/purchase order date" section you should be able to see "Propose deliv.date" field is marked.

If you UN-MARK that filed, the Requested delivery date filed won't appear as a default and it'll be a mandatory field for user to enter.

If you want to set a default date with a lead time, then enter number of days in the "Lead time in days" field.

Then as soon as you go in to the sales order in VA01, system will propose ahead date as Requested delivery date with that number of days.

Hope this helps you !

Please close the thread if your question is answered.

Best regards,

Anupa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
its last delivery date is 15.11.2009.

If your requirement is that delivery should not be made after this date even stock is made available, then you should go for schedule agreement where you have validity period. This is not possible in case of sale order. As already suggested, you can maintain Requested Delivery Date in sale order but even after this date, deliveries can be made.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requeted delivery date is the field.......

Good Luck

Chandra Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requeted delivery date is the field you are looking for.......as our experts said.

I would like to some more for your query.....

If the ground level stock at your Storage location is available then system works as SAP2020 logic. if not systme will look for the inhouse production and Goods Receiving time. by calculating this time, it will first give us the Material Available Time...then follows as explained by SAP2020. If inhouse production is not possible for the requested delivery date....then.........company will look for procurement external.

I think this give you clear picture how the departments sinchronize in avaialbility check....

please let us know in case further help.....

Regards

Venkat

SAP Guruvula Sishyudu......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Your Last Delivery Date can be entered in the "Requested Delivery Date" field in the sales order.

By doing so, the system will give us a confirmation that whether the delivery can be made possible on the Requested Delivery Date or NOT (The status can be seen by going in to the Schedule Line Level of your line item).

The system also gives us the NEXT POSSIBLE DELIVERY DATE with the confirmed Quantity as a Second Line item in the Schedule line level.

The System considers mainly the Material Available Date to come to a conclusion on the Delivery Date of the goods. Also, there are other activities (Loading Time, Transporation Planning Time etc) for which some time will take and that also need to be considered (The same can be seen by going in to the Schedule Line Level of your line item and then click the Shipping button).

Your Scenario: In your case, the delivery can happen ON OR BEFORE the Last Delivery Date.

So for that follow the steps:

Step 1: Put the Last Deliv Date in to the "Requested Deliv Date" field in Sales Order.

Step 2: After enetering the other necessary details in the sales order then Save it. Now go the Schedule Line level of your line item and look for the Confirmation of the Delivery Quantity on the Requested Delivery Date.

If Yes: Then its your wish that you can Prepond the Delivery Date by giving the required Delivery date during your delivery document creation.

If No:

Then you have look for the Next Possible date. OR Make sure that you can manage all your other activities like Loading, Transporation Planning etc. in 10 - 12 days time and make your material Availabilty today and do the delivery.

Reagrds