cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know if there is a facility to 'dump' the configuration of each query into a spreadsheet for the purpose of having it documented for future reference.

I specifically would want to know the Characteristics, Key Figures that are used, whether they are used as a filter, or used in rows or columns or as free characteristics. I would also want to know what restricted key figures or calculated key figures are used. Furthermore, I would also want to include the 'properties' for each item and the overall query properties including any 'conditions' or 'exceptions' that have been used.

Basically this will include everything I have incorporated into the design of the query i.e from kowing the technical name of the query through to the order in which 'objects' are arranged in the column or row and whether it is 'scaled' 'hidden' etc. etc.

I would welcome any advice. (It's a long and tedious task documenting everything!)

Thanks in advance.

Roger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger

In RSRT , Give the query press Technical details.. it will give you the detail ..

Hope the above helps you

bye

Shu Moh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shu Moh,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have followed your suggestion but find the information displayed does not provide enough detail. For example, it does not list the components of any row/column 'stucture' nor any particular 'formatting' that has been applied.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Roger

Message was edited by: Roger Holman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All of this information is stored in the underlying metadata tables for reporting. There is also a function module RSZ_X_QUERY_GET that gives you that information, but it does not have all of the elements translated.

Thanks,

Jeff