Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuraion of Collective Shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

The problem is related to shipment which is as follows :

We have two Different loading points for example SH01(Mfg Plant 01) & SH02 (Mfg Plant 02) and they have separate transportation planning points TP01 & TP02 respectively.Different goods are loaded in a single container (15MT) from both the loading points and these will be delivered in 3 different destination points in Ghaziabad , Delhi & Kanpur of which Delhi is the farthest.The flat rate fixed as transportation cost is Rs. 50000 + Rs.1000 as unloading charge each for the 3 respective destination points i.e. Rs. 3000,so the total becomes Rs.53000.

Now I want the system to distribute this transportation cost proportionately for respective deliveries depending on the destination wise total weight of different goods loaded from the two different loading points i.e. SH01 & SH02 respectively.The requirement is explained with an example which is as follows -

Destn - Ghaziabad Kanpur Delhi Total Cost : Rs.53000/-

Delv Nos - 8/1 8/2 8/3 This cost need to be

Weight - 100kg 300kg 500kg distributed for the three propntly

Though I read about collective shipment but it is not very clear to me.

Please provide some valuable suggestions regarding the following queries:

1. What will be the Shipping Type config details

2. What are the routes to be created (pls provide details inside route definition)

3. What are the Preliminary Legs / Subsequent Legs / Main Legs (where to use details)

4. Also kindly provide other requiremnt missed out if any

Regards

Animesh Chakraborty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Animesh,

Please see my response below....

1. What will be the Shipping Type config details

2. What are the routes to be created (pls provide details inside route definition)

3. What are the Preliminary Legs / Subsequent Legs / Main Legs (where to use details)

4. Also kindly provide other requiremnt missed out if any

My Ans: You can achieve this scenario by two ways....the first one is like you can use multi model shipments.

what is that means....you can use preliminary and subsequent legs. (you can use the main leg if you transportaion line is deviating from the actual mode...means if your preliminary leg starting with Road and inbetween you are using Rail and again after that you are using Road again then your first load is go with Road Preliminary, Second Stage goes with Rail Main and thord stage goes with Road Subsequent. you can create 3 subsequent legs to populate different freight cost capture for different destinations.

Else

You can use single direct shipment in which you can acheive same scenario in Route level.

You will create the route in such a way that, starting from shipping point, then it should have three different destination points.

now you have to go to TK11 and maintain the pricing based on the Route (i mean the Route should be in key combination). then ask abaper to create the logic in such a wat that, by adding every additional leg, it should add 1000 rupees. (this logic can be achieved by creating seperate condition type for ex. ZLEG. You will maintian Rs.1000 for this condition type. now the logic works like this.

you create the shipment add one leg from shipping point to Ghajiabad

then ghajiabad to Kanpur and then the last leg will be from kanpur to Delhi.

now based on abaper enhancement, system finds 3 legs and picks 3* ZLEG Condition Value = 3*1000 = 3000.

Hope you are clear now.

Gud Luk.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Thanks a lot for u'r prompt reply. Can u please guide me further step by step?

1. What would be the different routes & how to define those routes (I mean to say the parameters inside the the shipment type)

2. How should I define the shipment type (I mean to say the parameters inside the the shipment type)

3. How to distribute cost based on weight

4. When I create shipment using VT01N (using Direct Leg), we used to enter one transportation planning point. In this case, what it would be.

Please help me out.

Regards

Animesh Chakraborty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Animesh,

1. What would be the different routes & how to define those routes (I mean to say the parameters inside the the shipment type)

Go to SPRO and define your own Routes based on your requirements. Here in this route you can mention all the details like this route is for which shipment type etc....

2. How should I define the shipment type (I mean to say the parameters inside the the shipment type)

Either you copy from the existing shipment types if they meet your requirements or create your own.

parameters inside are purely customer specific (Customer in the scence the project who has given)

3. How to distribute cost based on weight

I am not sure frankly. Let me look into it.

4. When I create shipment using VT01N (using Direct Leg), we used to enter one transportation planning point. In this case, what it would be.

Transportation Planning Point is again project specific. It does not have any importance.

Please don't forget to give some points dude.......

Thanks & Regards

Venkateshwarlu Jagilam