cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range maintenance for Excise group - J_1IRG1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

When I am creating number ranges for object - J_1IRG1, i am not finding the excise group for which i want to assign the number range.

But, when I am processing RG1 update through J1I5, I can see my excise group for which i can update RG1. Issue comes when I select the material documents and try to process, system asks to maintain number ranges for J_1IRG1 object.

Can anyone please suggest how to resolve this issue..

Thanks & regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In SE12 enter J_1INEXCGRP and click on F7

then select Utilities slect table contents and create entries in menu bar

enter the excis egroup here save it

then do SNRO

do it, i think this is only way and i faced same problem and done through this way i mentioned.

and chek this link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala,

I am getting problem in testing client.

The suggestion you specified to be initiated from Development client and in development client...I have the excise group entry which i require. I am getting this error only in quality client.

I hope...the table J_1INEXCGRP is generated through customizing wizhard...It would be better if I could get some information related to customizing activity and the same can be transported to quality client.

If I go through SE12 and create new entries in the table.....this will be done through ABAP route.

Can you through some light on customizing activity...?

regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have maintained in the Basic Settings in SPRO it should be there while you search in SNRO for creating number ranges

IMG>Logistics - General>Tax on Goods Movements>India>Basic Settings>Maintain Excise Groups

Check all the general setting in IMG for CIN

IMG>Logistics - General>Tax on Goods Movements>India>Basic Settings

>Tools>Number Ranges for particular table tht is J_1IRG1 or in SNRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The same problem was faced by me in one of the SAP upgrade projects. Once the upgrade was done, we were supposed to create a new plant, and when we were trying to create number range for J_1IRG1 object, the sub-object which is the excise group was not available. There is no OSS note also found on this issue.

Then, we deleted this entry in table J_1INEXCGRP in development client and again

directly created the entry in table J_1INEXCGRP in the development system and moved the transport to testing system and the problem was solved.

The request was also moved to production system.

This is the only solution available for this in the ECC 6.0 version.

Thanks & regards

Hameed Parvez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The same problem was faced by me in one of the SAP upgrade projects. Once the upgrade was done, we were supposed to create a new plant, and when we were trying to create number range for J_1IRG1 object, the sub-object which is the excise group was not available. There is no OSS note also found on this issue.

Then, we deleted this entry in table J_1INEXCGRP in development client and again

directly created the entry in table J_1INEXCGRP in the development system and moved the transport to testing system and the problem was solved.

The request was also moved to production system.

This is the only solution available for this in the ECC 6.0 version.

Thanks & regards

Hameed Parvez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abdul,

let me try this activity and revert to you.

Regards,

Praveen.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

this is due to programme error ,check following note

Note 805449 - Not able to maintain Number ranges for excise groups

u can also update table J_1INEXCGRP directly from SE16

go to se16 here give table J_1INEXCGRP and press F5 now u can create ur entry here

regards

kunal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen

you need to maintain the number ranges for

J_1IRG1 RG1 Number range object

J_1IRG1_T No. Range for RG1 - Excise group / Material

Go to SNRO fill the details.

Then in F4 option for your Excise group, maintain the number range.

Thanks and Regards

raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad and Raghu,

Thank you for inputs.

As you mentioned, I am creating number ranges for Excise group in SNRO transaction for J_1IRG1 object. But while i press F4 in Excise group field, I could not find the required Excise group in the list.

Can any tell me...where do I need to configure to trigger the excise group during number range maintenance for J_1IRG1 object.

regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

can any body have suggestions on this issue....

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to SNRO enter Object J_1IRG1 and Maintain No. Ranges Excise Group wise u r problem would be resolve.

If you want to find more objects enter J_* and click on f4 u can see many objects related to SD

Hari Mandav

Edited by: Hari Prasad on Nov 3, 2009 9:58 AM