Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg insp lot for solvent storage

former_member1355332
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The scenario is we have a solvent storage tank of 20000 litres in this at present we have solvent of 10000 litres and if we unload a tanker of 5000 litres after approval by quality, I want to take a sample from 15000 litres and show in the system that it is as per Quality, How to show this, please explain step by step

regards

madhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1355332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Raghavendra

Thanks for your prompt response, yes we are handling solvent in batches

regards

madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can procedd in the following way:

Material - SOLVENTA

Batch Number - A100

Quantity - 10000 L

S.Loc - 0001

When you have transferred 5000 L of Batch Number A100 from S.Loc 0001, you wanted to take sample from the remaining 5000 L of S.Loc 0001.

As the composition of the Solvent might change in the Storage Tank (S.Loc. 0001) due to this transfer, Batch Number also must be changed. So, make a Stock Transfer in the same Storage Location creating new Batch Number with '08' Insp. Type activated for the Material Solvent A. New Inspection Lot would be generated and hence you can do RR and UD for the remaining 5000 L in the Storage Tank.

Hope this would satisfy your requirements.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you handling the Solvent in Batches?

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my knowledge this can be solved in in following way:

You can use the sampling scheme to with lot size & sample size specified.then you can use this in sampling procedure.

When you remove the 5000 from 20000 lot then create a Manual lot (through QA01)with 15000 qty.This will give you sample size relevent to lot size through sampling scheme.

This is what can be useful as per my knowledge.

Regards

Sujit