cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"WBEM client password change required" - what does it mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if this forum is the one for my question.

My SLD-Log (via WebGui:SLD7administration/log) shows me thousends of messages like the following (each second a message 😞

-

[SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_16] WARNING com.sap.lcr.cimsrv.ChangePasswordServlet: Password change required for WBEM client. Please ensure that service client users don't have initial passwords. Alternatively, logon to the SLD user interface with the corresponding user and assign a new password. After the password has been changed, client settings must be updated accordingly.

-

What can I do?

(We have a single SLD one an extra server)

I checked the SLD-Connection on the XI-System (via SLDAPICUST) and it seams to be correct.

We use XIAPPLUSER to connect to SLD - and it's a service user.

Thanks a lot!

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing a similar error , can you pls check the error description below and really appreciate ur help in this regard. Also find the error msg occured in MONI:

I checked on ABAP side with transaction SLDCHECK, everything fine.

Then checked http://server:port/sld/ListServlet?bsview=true

*Please find the log content below:*

WARNING com.sap.lcr.cimsrv.ChangePasswordServlet: Password Change that service client users don't have initial passwords.Alternatively, logon to the SLD user interface with the corresponding user and assign a new password client settings must be updated accordingly.

So suggestion was to change the WBEM client password.

Due to the above scenario, Error in SXMBMONI_ is:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.ConfigException: SLDAccess set to true, but not available

Can you let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Ganesh Karicharla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the password of the user which is used for SLD data suppiler and login into the system to change the initial password.

Once the intial password is changed enter the changed password in SLD datasupplier.(in Visual administrator)

Then it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you had faced the same problem, pls let me know the solution . Below is the error msg in MONI also.

I checked on ABAP side with transaction SLDCHECK, everything fine.

Then checked http://server:port/sld/ListServlet?bsview=true

*Please find the log content below:*

WARNING com.sap.lcr.cimsrv.ChangePasswordServlet: Password Change that service client users don't have initial passwords.Alternatively, logon to the SLD user interface with the corresponding user and assign a new password client settings must be updated accordingly.

So suggestion was to change the WBEM client password.

Due to the above scenario, Error in SXMBMONI_ is:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.ConfigException: SLDAccess set to true, but not available

Can anyone let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Ganesh Karicharla

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Did you ever solve your problem, and did you find out what was the curse of it?

We have just had the same problem, and i seems that a restart of the J2EE where the SLD is hosted, solved it for us.

But if you have another solution, would it be nice sharing it

Regards

Rolf

dan_pfingsten2
Participant
0 Kudos

A restart did not resolve this for us. Was there another resolution for this?