Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit by Email results in empty XML

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a simple Adobe Form with Tx. SFP, added "Submit by Email" button and when I execute it from SFP and click on the button, the attached XML is empty (no info typed in the PDF, only tags).

Already installed the license. What am I missing?

When I create the exact same PDF using Adobe LiveCycle Designer outside SAP, works OK.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you execute anthing in SFP, it is always blank. At least that is the behaviour in most of the form apps. SFP does not provide any data, sometimes does not allow all scripting etc. You need to test it outside SFP. Generate the form with data using your program code.

Imho email button function has nothing to do with abap or xml interface.

You can try it outside SAP to test the button behaviour. Open your LCD, add the email submit button and some fields, fill the fields and press the button. I have tried this now and imho it works.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

It's working now. Had to do with the bindings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrés,

I think you have this issue because you use an ABAP-based interface for your form. Only when you use an xml-based interface, the entries are in the xml included when you use the email-button.

When you need the abap-based interface, then you have to attach not the xml but the complete pdf to the email.

Regards,

Holger