cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcast Consumpiton accross plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a situation where we have an offsite dc that is used as temporary storage. Given that the mix of products there chanegs weekly we are unable to generate a forecast against the dc/plant.

As a result our forecast is generated against the main manufacturing plant.

The issue is that we sell stock out of the temporary plant and we want these sales orders to consume the forecast in the manufacturing plant.

What we are trying to achive is the consumption of forecast from sales out of plant A against the forecast in Plant B.

Ha sanyone undergone confoguration or development change sto get this result?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

we have a similar scenario in our landscape.

In our case, what we have done is that we have attached the customers to plant. consequntly we have updated the customer master info record and the customer master with the default plant.

hence whenever the sales takes place, irrespective of the warehouse, the forecast is consumed at the default plant.

I am not sure if you want to always consume the forecast the manufacturing location define in your scenario.

You may want to check the values in the KNVV or KNMT table in R/3.

Let me know if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

There is a solution here to customise the forecast consumption again "planning product".

You will then have to maintain the planning product and planning plant in R/3 accordingly and then CIf the planning product to create the planning hierarchy in APO

To do so you need to maintain:

+ The check mode in APO

+ The requirement strategy in APO

+ The Requirements Classes in R/3

+ Define Strategy in R/3

Note: The requirement classe based on the planning product is incompatible with the availability check in standard I think...

I hope it helps

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

The planning product is still created at a plant. So there is no way I know of to consume forecast across locations.

Unless you create a dummy plant and have forecast and sales orders all exist at this dummy plant.

And use STO's to move inventory from real plants to dummy plants with the ship address as the actual customer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario I described above does work; I have seen it implemented.

The planning product = the product itself

But the planning plant = the plant you want the forecast to be consumed.

Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try what Julien suggested. I have used planning product before and it does work, although I did NOT use a planning product at a different location.

Note: This planning strategy works ONLY with PPDS as far as I know.