cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database connector error - building crystal xir2 report from univ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I am attempting to create a crystal xir2 report using an otherwise fully functional universe, one that has other webi docs already created. After opening crystal and selecting new report, I log onto the BO server and select objects from the Univ to build the query. Hovever, I get 'Unknown database connector error' when clicking OK.

I recently installed crystal xir2, the same version as my bo server. I checked the cmc and am using the same credentials when logging onto bo enterprise to select the univ from within crystal. Any ideas what is causing this and how to correct the issue?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

What patch level is CR Designer and the BOE server on?

Are you using the Report Wizard or manually adding the universe?

Need more steps to reproduce?

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on Crystal Report Designer 11.5.8.826 and BO CMC is Product: 11.5

Steps involved:

1. Open Crystal Report Designer

2. New report from Standard Report Wizard

3. Create New Connection/Universes

4. Log into BO Server, see universe list

5. Select universe as a data source and build query

6. When I click OK, I get the connector error

I otherwise use these universes when creating Webi docs using the same user account. Does this help frame the issue? Thx.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm going to move this over to the Report Design forum. Someone there should be able to sort this out for you. I doubt it's a DB connection problem but something in the Universe causing Cr to fail.

Seems no one in the Report Designer forum has any suggestions so I'm again moving this to the Universe Designer forum.

Thanks you

Don

Edited by: Don Williams on Nov 15, 2009 8:48 AM

0 Kudos

Hi

what kind of data source did you build your universe on?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Universe was built from an Oracle 10g database.

0 Kudos

Hi

have you setup the Oracle driver, which is installed on the same machine as your CR Designer, to be able to connect to your oracle instance?

I assume this is NOT a universe built on an oracle OLAP server. Is this correct?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct it is NOT a universe built on an oracle OLAP server.

If I create a 'new' connection with the same uid/pass and change the Universe connection to the new connection I no longer get the error, data is returned from the query.

I've checked the CMC and all security between the 2 connections seems identical down to groups and permissions, but the original connection results in the 'connector' error for Crystal.